Can't program replacement remote for 97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have now spent WAY too much time trying to figure this out and all I'm getting is conflicting info. Some say the yota and Lexus alarms are the same (RS3000 or something) and the remotes are interchangeable. Others say they are not interchangalbe. If you go to lexus and dealer websites they all seem to give different part/FCC numbers. I have found 4 FCC codes now that were used during 97 for the Lexus and Yota models. People have verified success with each and others claimed each of the 4 will not work. Here's the numbers. They all start with:
BAB237131 and then vary with the last 3 digits. The -022 seems to come in a gray version and a black version. Clones and factory originals are all over ebay for cheap. Then there is -019 which shows up as a Lexus remote on ebay but as a yota remote on other sites. I ordered the -019 remote and it didn't work. Then there is the -032 which seems to have the most opinions of it working with a Lexus. Well I can now verify that it doesn't. So I now have two remotes with different FCC codes and neither work. Not sure if I should try the -022 (which I still have no idea if I should gamble with the black one or gray one). I wish somebody on this forum has purchased an aftermarket remote for their LX450 and had success programming it. I just can't afford the $128 the dealer wants for a new remote.
did you ever get an aftermarket for -032? got a lead?

Hi all,

Just achieved success programming two new fobs. My 97 LX450 FCC ID ends in -129, but it works with remotes that end in -022, but not all in my experience.

These are the ones I bought and they programmed first try:

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for Toyota RS3000 BAB237131-022 (Pack of 2) Amazon product ASIN B018415IIU

As another option I bought a fob off eBay that looks identical and ends in -022 (and the ad claims it works with -129 marked ECUs) and it did not work. So I have three fobs marked -022 but only two work. I was going to return the last one, but I'd share it with a mud member for cheap.

Update: I spoke with company that sold me -022 fob that didn't work and they pointed me to this fob instead:

Same here, these remotes work great and I just programmed one myself. For me, I had to hit the remote button immediately upon the solid red light on my dash security system turning on. I kept waiting a few more seconds until the red dash light was blinking, and that was not working for me. This remote worked right away when I hit the remote button as soon as I got a solid red light on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom