Can't Play Music or Charge Phone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just buy a new head unit. Those adapters sound terrible. A modern head unit with the factory amps bypassed will probably sound a lot better. Especially if you replace the rotted old speakers, too.

Superflow MV50 for the best 'cheap' air compressor. Clamps onto the battery. Maybe $75? Took me 6 years to wear mine out after a life of inflating from 15 to 35+ on multiple trucks per trip multiple trips per year. Now I have a Vaiair that's better, but that MV50 was a great purchase when I had little money.

I also say check the CIG fuse.

I also say just buy a new head unit. I have a Transit Blu adapter in my 470, and while it works and sounds ok, it loses a lot of volume and isn't always as clear as it could be. You're lucky to have a double DIN unit that's easy to replace in an 80. Follow the threads about bypassing the amp and you'll be golden. You don't have to go fancy.

I have the same one @gummycarbs and @JohnVee have. Work well like the others have said. People have modded them to make them little better, bypassing switch and larger power supply cables.

As far as your tape and CD, you should have a place to plugin another option in the back of your headunit, that is for the cdchanger option and it will disabled the CD player on the main headunit when used. Might have a fried bug in there shorting it out to think you have a cdchanger. Also some people plugin bluetooth adaptors to that port so they can upgrade there original headunit to have bluetooth. (for example look at grom audio).

I don't think the tape option can be selected if you don't have a tape in there.

Yeah I thought of that. Unfortunately I got rid of all my CDs after high school and no longer have access to my dads tape collection

I've got some Poison cassettes I can send you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom