cant find anywhere near me that has a firestick mount... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any good ideas....or ideas how to mount it myself aside from duct tape or super glue..

Any CB mount will do. There's nothing special about a Firestik mount. Go visit Radio Shack if you have to, or any truck stop's radio department...

If you're really set on Firestik (note the spelling), look up dealers online. Plenty of places to mail-order from.

Like polarweasal said, any Radio Shack or truck stop radio dept.

It's basically an L-bracket with a mounting hole for a Firestik base. Even though it's not mounted dead center within the recommended 'ground plane' area on the vehicle, I've always had good luck with it on the rear corner, provided the antenna is properly 'tuned' after you install it.
Antenna.jpg

lowtideride said:
any good ideas....or ideas how to mount it myself aside from duct tape or super glue..

Plan on giving your super glue away too??? :grinpimp:

As mentioned above, truck stops do have a good selection of CB equipment. You could just fab one out of a piece of aluminum angle. There's really nothing special about them. You may need the small platic insulating washers that mount in the hole for the antenna base.

Hey Al:

If you're wanting to mount that antenna to the ARB like mine you will need a stud mount. I would also recommend a spring - springs save antennas from getting broken.

The stud mount will go into the hole on the mounting tab, the spring will thread onto it and the antenna into the spring. The underside of the stud mount will have a connector for the cable - get a cable with PL-259 connectors on each end and it will be easy.

Eric

Oh - remember to tune your antenna before using it so you don't damage the radio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom