Can't decide on olive brown or not... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wife has suggested that I get a quick-n-dirty paint job and basic body work done on my FJ40 to make it "look better in the driveway." Not gonna spend a bunch on it, maybe just a few hundred.

BUT! it's red now and I'm thinking about changing it to olive brown. That's just a cool color!

I need to see some pics of olive brown cruisers, especially ones with soft tops as I am planning on getting one this summer. I want the STC zipper top and was thinking of getting the "spice denim" material -- color swatches below...

Knowing the "denim" colors that STC offers, what color combinations would YOU choose? Any advice/opinions appreciated. Heck, I may just go back red to make it easy, so what color top would look good other than black?

Jody.

Is it renegade red? Don't change the color or you'll be reducing the value of your truck. Besides, the inside won't match the outside. Better to buy another in the color you want!

Go to coolcruisers.com. They have a restored 77 in Olive Brown.

I agree with IDave, unless you are going to take it apart and paint everything, firewall included, just have the outside shot in the original color. I do like the color you're talking about, olive brown, but your red will look great with that same spice brown softop.
GL
Ed :)

i am keeping my factory sky blue 8) good to keep the OEM colors and keep the cruiser culture!

Red truck - either the spice or black denim would look good - easier than trying to paint the interior also

If you went Olive paint, I think you would have to stick with the black denim. Here it is on my truck - actually fades to a very nice, very dark charcoal.

You guys really think spice would look good with Red???

I agree it is better to stick with the stock color. I imagine I will for all the work it takes to change. Plus, we just want a quick-n-dirty, make it look a bit better spray job.

Okay, someone has to have a pic of, or can chop a pic of, a red 40 with spicey brown soft top!!

I'll wait here patiently. I'll just be hangin' here. Let me know if you have a pic. Still here... Waiting. Patiently. For that pic...

Jody.

good boy! want a cookie while you wait! :p lol just kiddin man!

[quote author=Outback link=board=1;threadid=12758;start=msg117379#msg117379 date=1078779139]
You guys really think spice would look good with Red???

[/quote]

ok, this is starting to sound sorta martha stewart here.

we are men and we should all have basic black interiors in our cruisers. maybe you should try the nutmeg?, or maybe mauve. (i don't even know what color that is, just here women talking about it alot).

i'm with everyone else though, i think you should stick with the stock red. mostly because i'm painting mine olive brown, but in my defense, i had the entire body chemically dipped and now it has no color!

red with spicey brown. Sounds like a jeep to me. I'd go with the black. Just MHO.

I once purchased an fj40 that was mustard but painted another color. In my opinion. as much as I don't care for red [just my opinion, no offense intended] I would repaint it red. Especially if it is a quicky job. To be done right it really needs to be taken apart, blasted and rebuilt. But even then, mine was taken apart, sand blasted and the mustard still showed through whenever I got a good scratch which is bound to happen if you take it off road.

Hey, and BTW, if you're going for a Maaco or Earl Scheib paint job. Remove everything you are comfortable removing that should not be painted. Even stuff you might not be all that comfortable removing. The econoshops have a weird sense of "masking".
GL and post a "post" picture.
Ed ;)

:D

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom