Can't change my profile -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all --

I can't change my profile on this site -- I tried to add a picture for it, and it said I don't have permission to change my profile --

-- any hints?

eric

I have had very similar problems, but have reduced the issue to system / browser settings.

Apparently, the server this forum resides on sets session "cookies." If any of you are like me, and run a very secure system, you need to reset your browsers to allow cookies for this site, and relax other browser / firewall settings so the server can do its thing.

After doing so, all of the features work as expected.

Cheers -

Ron & Echo,

Yep, same here. Worked OK at the office. Struggled most of the night on the home PC.

Depending on your browser, relax the security settings. Look for JavaScript entries. Also, completely close out a browser session and open a new one (if you start having problems.)

We'll get this figured out. I'm trying to adjust to this white on black with the skinny, tiny fonts. It didn't look too bad on the 21" CRT at home but it sucks on the 18" panel here at work.

(Note to the ih8mud Regulars, Admins, and Moderators. Don't interpret this as whining by the newbies. We are just "adjusting" to the change. We will adapt!!) :D

-B-

Eric and Up,

aktion060.gif

No idea man, it worked fine for me everytime I've used it.
aktion081.gif

I can't change either. It kicks me into an url error message when I try. I also can't reduce my work browser security settings since this is not an https site.

Semlin,
I think it is taking the profile change in some cases. I have discovered that if you get any type of error or session hang, you need to close the session and open a new one then re-enter ih8mud.com through the first page.
-B-

Semlin - ever feel like there's a party going on and you're the only one running late?
icon_lol.gif
ROFLMAO!!!
grlaugh.gif
grlaugh.gif
grlaugh.gif

I seem to be able to update my profile but after I post this I'm sure it will hang/freeze even though i've lowered all my security to the point even someone as slow as Junk could figure his way into my computer. :D

Echo - how'd you get pictures of my wife on your pc. :D

Yeah, I don't really get all the hanging stuff. It's been that way at least since the site was relaunched. That's why while I've been registered for awhile, I never really came here that ofter. I hate crashes and I ain't techgeeky enough to figure it out.

when i added a gif as an avatar i too got the not allowed/error page but upon going back to the main pages my gif(a pic of my xterrains)was there......i have been registered here for a long time but rarely posted due to mostly 40's content,and other than some slow load times(this evening,and i was running kazaa lite on another pc on my home network)i havent had many probs.....now if i can just find myself a project 40 all will be well with the world ::)

doug

Just a reminder ... you guys that mentioned small fonts , don't forget that you can change the font and it's size via your browser options . I find that it's a little easier on the eyes if I have my browser config'ed to use my 'windows' colours . And I have those ( Windows ) colours completely tweaked out . For instance the back ground that over rides all the pages I surf to is a very flat , medium blue . I use a white font of a large enough size that I don't go blind looking at it on this 19" monitor .

Anyways , just a nudge to inspire you guys to tweak your systems silly :D . Might as well gain some control over the beast ... and your eyes will thank you once you settle on a good background/font colour combo believe me !

Cheers ,

Tyler

Funny , I didn't have any idea this forum had background colours (browns etc?) until I left IE and opened it in Netscape ( which I have configured to show sites as they are ) ... it actually didn't look that bad :-/

There's been some success with deleting all your temp files and junk when others have had problems accessing this site. Check out the IH8mud comments forum for more details.
That's really where this thread should go, but I'm gonna hold off moving it for all you Newbies :D
Also check out Woody's new post stickied to the top of this forum. After the initail intro he starts droning in Technobabble that's hard for my simple brain to follow, but it might give some folks some help.
I can't help too much as I've never had a problem on this site, except my Windy City Avatar looks crappy so I had to use a personal portrait.

Success!

Semlin, whose arrival always signals the start of the party. ;)

Semlin, you're so late, the party has moved. :eek: :D

Go to the back of the line :D No worries, Wench can sport a few dozen more posts to tell ya how to do it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom