canned paint that matches toyota paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Anyone happen to know if krylon or someone else makes a good match for the 85 toyota metallic blue???

I am going to paint the entire truck one day but want to do a reasonable job of covering up the black primer in the meanwhile.

I know that Carquest Paint (PPG) have all the codes for Toyota paint. I am not sure though if they can "age"match it. You're talking about painting your new Bob right? Spray the whole damn thing dude! nice rig BTW.

I am not really that concerned with age matching. It is more of a "close to" color, not an exact match.

Paint will be in the future. This is to make it a bit more presentable to my home owners assn ;)

Just buy a can that is pre-mixed to match. touchup.com or something like that. Pricey, but good stuff.

If you want to make that thing presentable to the HOA, you might need a big tarp instead of a rattle can... :flipoff2:

Tarps are not allowed :flipoff2:

Man, so I guess my neighbor's four-post lift in his yard would be frowned upon, huh? Good thing we live in Old Town, where covenants don't exist... ;)

I can not even have a 4 post lift in the back yard..

Mace said:
I can not even have a 4 post lift in the back yard..

Any decent paint supply outfit can get you a couple rattle cans of whatever color you pick....There is a place here that you pick the code, and they will put whatever you want in the can.

Not that big of a deal...Not going to be 'krylon klose' but is an alternative...

Good luck!

-Steve

I think rattle can will look worse than what you already have :D

I woud go get a a quart of cheap single stage paint & cheap primer & spray it on w/ an HVLP. It should cost about the same & it will last much longer & look WAY better. you could even buy a whole gallon of the cheap laquer enamel off of ebay for $30 & paint the whole thing while your at it. :D

Did all 3 of those tires hold air?

One of them has a plug in the outside of the tread. when you play with the plug some air escapes (makes a cool popping sound with the plug goo)

Looks like Grogan might be getting me that hood quicker than expected so I might paint the rig sooner than I expected :)

There is not much attatched to the body right now anyway. Hmmm...

I already have a gun but it is not HVLP.. It is the one I used on my 40 tho ;)

Maybe buy a gallon of urethane enamel in the original toyota color and use what you need to please the HOA then save the rest for the hood and stuff. You can take off pieces as you have time and paint them individually. That makes it easy to build a plastic tent and flood the floor to collect dust. You can also duct tape in a HVAC filter to collect dust. This tent can go int hte garage collapse when not in use. I also have a HOA (I'm the youngest here by 35 years!) and know what your talking about. They say hello and have a nice day to your face then complain to the board That my busted smog pump rattles when I leave for work at 6 AM! Old Busy Bodies with nothing real to complain about.
BTW Rob at liquid off road has the best prices on shackles.

Those shackles fit a Waggoneer rear spring???

:D

Mace said:
One of them has a plug in the outside of the tread. when you play with the plug some air escapes (makes a cool popping sound with the plug goo)

Looks like Grogan might be getting me that hood quicker than expected so I might paint the rig sooner than I expected :)

There is not much attatched to the body right now anyway. Hmmm...

I already have a gun but it is not HVLP.. It is the one I used on my 40 tho ;)

Defenately go with HVLP ($30 on ebay). If your not after a great spray job you could spray on some big tarp in your moms front yard on a calm day. Just make sure the ground stays fairly wet.

The tent in the garage is a MAJOR PITA & is not that great. it would be far better to rent a spray booth.

I say throw something quick on it & it will look good for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom