Events/Trails !!!CANCELLED!!! Eldorado Canyon Club Run 3/28 !!!CANCELLED!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
This club run is cancelled due to the COVID-19 crisis.
  • What: Eldorado Canyon Trial Club Run (GPX data available for download)
  • When: Saturday March 28, 2020 @ 10AM
  • Where: Sinclair Gas Station, 35 Dayton Valley Rd, Dayton, NV 89403
  • Details: This is about 25 miles and if I recall it took 4-5 hours to get back to pavement. This trail is not really stock friendly. You can get through it without lockers, but 33" tires are a minimum. I took the Bronco on it last year on stock 31's and got body damage and needed a lot of spotting and rock placement. There were a few spots where the trail was eroded and it may be worse now.
1582777279415.png

Last edited:
So. Does everyone wanna keep the plans to do this run in spite of the national emergency? We all tend to keep to our own rigs, so I think the communicability risk is pretty low. I'm game but we need someone who's done the trail more than once to lead us. Please reply with your yays or nays. Thanks!

I'm in. It will get me out of the house since they closed down the slopes. I can lead, or a couple of others have been thru it. It always changes as well. Been looking forward to it. No cases of corona in Dayton:beer:;). Sinclair will probably be open as well. Might have my Ham:pig: set up ready to roll. Weather will be 54 degrees and cloudy. Not to bad for an open rig with a heater. morning will be☃

I'm in. It will get me out of the house since they closed down the slopes. I can lead, or a couple of others have been thru it. It always changes as well. Been looking forward to it. No cases of corona in Dayton:beer:;). Sinclair will probably be open as well. Might have my Ham:pig: set up ready to roll. Weather will be 54 degrees and cloudy. Not to bad for an open rig with a heater. morning will be☃

Nice! I'm planning on going depending on how things develop this week. Healthcare "Point of no Return" projections have been published for each state and there's a chance that we will escalate from recommended social distancing to mandatory shelter-in-place soonish. If that happens, I have no plans on defy the order.

Folks, I am going to cancel this as a formal run. Of course I cannot stop folks from showing up and hitting the trails unofficially. ;) The club should not sanction events right now.

I just got off a briefing call with Renown and NSPHL and they warned that they're expecting a surge of cases and up to a 40% increase in hospitalizations statewide over the next 12 days. Shelter in place orders are likely to be issued soon, though Nevada is one of the most compliant states for the recommended social isolation. Those "orders" are enforceable by law, so being out and about for fun isn't a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom