Vendor Canadian made 3" full stainless in-frame exhaust systems for HDJ81 LC, full bolt in. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BiffS

Too many projects... ooh, look. Something shiny.
Threads
Website
www.mekanix.ca
Howdy all,

We are in the process of getting the finishing touches and fitment on our in-house made 3" mandrel bent and welded 304 Stainless exhaust systems that are truly full bolt in for 12 and 24 valve HDJ 81 cruisers with 1HD-T engines. The only cutting required may be to remove your old exhaust system.

Features;

- 304 stainless American made tubing and hardware
- choice of muffler options, Aero turbine, Magnaflow, etc (prices may vary)
- 4 piece assembly; more cost effective to ship, fully user installable using factory mounting points. Easy to install in your driveway; shop time and hoist not needed.
- new rubber isolators and gaskets included (not pictured)
- adjustable stainless steel sleeve tube clamps with sealing packing material
- designed to fit in-frame to allow for easy clearance of sliders, aftermarket bumpers, etc and out of the way of rocks and sticks
- minor modifications may be necessary for manual transmission trucks
- fully bench tig welded for perfect fitment and quality control
- will fit around long range fuel tanks
- bolts up to stock turbo dump manifolds

Shipping of first market batch estimated mid May.
Pre-sale price of $1899 USD plus shipping on the first 10 sets only.

Made in Canada

Mekanix Custom Works
5148 Still Creek Ave
Burnaby, BC
www.mekanix.ca

20190429_171810.jpg

20190429_173304.jpg

20190429_171742.jpg

20190429_173328.jpg

None as yet. It's not likely that we will do a vs. b dyno tests at this point, as the benefits of 3" have long been proven into his forum and others.

On my own truck (HDJ 77) with 1HD-T, I notice 100-150° f egt drop pre turbo on my installation. Also notice the turbo spool nice and quick. Between that and the large intercooler, egts fall off say from 900s to 300s in seconds of deceleration.

None as yet. It's not likely that we will do a vs. b dyno tests at this point, as the benefits of 3" have long been proven into his forum and others.

On my own truck (HDJ 77) with 1HD-T, I notice 100-150° f egt drop pre turbo on my installation. Also notice the turbo spool nice and quick. Between that and the large intercooler, egts fall off say from 900s to 300s in seconds of deceleration.

Claims need to be validated :)

At this point, its intended to bolt up to the factory dump. Future versions will likely include a new dump right off the turbo, but I'd like to a pod the "flat plate" style turbo collector. Need to get something formed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom