Canadian BJ70 for sale - clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm posting this for a guy who lives in town and is not computer savvy. I know him through mutual friends. He is selling his 1986 BJ70 that has approx 232,000 kms on it. He is the second owner and has had it for 4 years. The PO is a co-worker of his who ordered it directly from the local Toyota dealer. The current owner has the original Bill of Sale from 1986 and other documentation from the sale.

This started out in black however the body was redone about five years ago and is now green. General condition of the body and frame is good+, however there are some rust bubbles starting to form underneath the paint in certain spots. The interior is almost flawless.

The PO had the truck undercoated with some thick black crap and it's starting to flake off, but the frame appears to be in good shape. The truck starts and runs really smooth. No smoke. I did not see any leakage or seepage underneath.

It has the 3B diesel with 5 speed. The current owner does not drive it in the winter.

He is asking $ 9,500 for it. It also comes with a box of parts and the original radio. I didn't snoop through the box, but I will get a list of what's inside.

I will help out any Mud member if required. I can take it to my mechanic and have him go through it for a nominal fee.

The unit is located in Barrie Ontario. It's about an hour north of Toronto. My phone number is (705) 730 - 0011.

Here's the pics

Okay. I think this will work.
P1010625.jpg
P1010627.jpg
P1010626.jpg

Remember boys - this can be imported into the US

I know the price of diesel is wickedly high, but you will get really decent MPG with this nice 5 speed.

I have taken a whole boatload of pictures, so I can email them.

Plus it's an early weekend bump :steer:

Dan

Does it have AC?
Hey Brett.

Sorry for the late reply. I escaped the computer for a few days.

It doesn't have A/C. I took more pics, so I can fire them off to you if you wish.

pm sent

PM's replied

Still available

I've had some recent inquiries on this, so I thought about putting this back up again. I borrowed the truck from the owner for about a week last summer & went through it fairly extensively. It needs about $ 1,000 to get this back up to solid mechanical condition. I did a list of stuff it needs , but alas can't locate it right now. I remember that it required wheels seals, leaf spring, tie rod end and other assorted bits and pieces.

I'll try and locate the write up I did on it.

The owner has lowered his selling price on this to $ 7,900 USD for the truck.

Again - this is not my truck - I know the owner through mutual friends, so I'm just helping out.

Drop me a line if you have any questions. I can shoot out additional pictures.

Hey Randy.

When this was listed last spring, the Canadian dollar was much stronger than it is now. So the savings will be gained by the US crowd. Back then, this would have been about $ 9,000 USD.

Please read thoroughly - the $ 1,000 in repairs are for MECHANICAL issues, not body. I think that it was stated clearly on the first submission, however I will clarify it again.

Also - I am not the owner, rather someone who has Cruisers - both gas and diesels, so I try and bring an objective informed independent evaluation on this truck. The estimate for the repairs is something that I feel is accurate.

Since I don't own the truck & really don't care if it sells, I haven't pushed the selling of the truck. I kinda forgot about it until I started getting some emails & PMs on it again. The seller has it stored during the winter, so he hasn't pushed either.

I am not a body man so I do not want to guess the costs on that.

Just want to clarify any misconceptions that some people might have.

Is this deal a lower price? When it was first advertised, the exchange rate for Canadian to American dollars was about 1-1. Now the US Dollar is stronger. As of today, $7900 US is $9857 Canadian. I dont see that as a lower price at all. The only thing that lowered is the Canadian dollar.

The logic behind this is as follows. The seller knows that due to foreign exchange rates, the price to anyone in the US is now $ 1,500 less than it was last year. Since the lion's share of the marketplace in in the US, he felt it would be better suited to quote in US dollars as it will save anyone interested in 'doing the math'. Many Americans do not know where the Canadian dollar is priced at right now, so he thought it would save me some hassle.

Be it right or wrong - it is what it is. Are Canadian buyers being penalized because of this? I think the majority of us are so used to buying in US dollars that we take it in stride. We do the quick conversion & see if it's a good deal still - well that's what I do at least.

Hope that explains the logic behind this.

It's Canadian spec so it can be imported into the US through a registered NTSB importer. Costs a little more but 100% legal.

Canadian spec models can be imported. I did and I did use a registered importer to deal with the paper work. You cold probably do it by yourself with alittle research and a few trips to the local border crossing and talking to them, even though this seems to be a hit and miss proposition sometimes since even the border guards do not seem to understand the vehicle importation laws properly. I can't remember what I payed the RI to do the work for me.

Guys,
Considering this is a vehicle that's apparently been in Ontario since new, I highly recommend that any serious buyer perform a personal inspection rather than rely on photos.

I'm posting this for a guy who lives in town and is not computer savvy...

attachment.php

...lol.. sorry... couldn't resist! :D

Good luck w/ your sale bud

:beer:

Bx

I can't believe I'm getting dissed by a guy from Louisiana :crybaby:. . . . . although I must admit that it is funny. As you can tell, I'm also no Bill Gates with the magical box on my desk. :)

Now my marketing side of me will say this to defend my honor (I'll even spell 'honor' the American way so you boys can follow along) ;p. . . . I put the one of the pictures on sideways ON PURPOSE. I know that some Cruiser guys will occasionally drink a few adult beverages :beer:from time to time - be it the so called beer that y'all drink or perhaps some of the finer Cruiser Wines that jsaltlick purveys on here. :banana:

So as you're lying sideways after a few cold ones, the picture would look perfect. For the guys who may pass out the other way, it too would look okay - after all, haven't we all seen a Cruiser upside down?:wrench:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom