Canadian '77 FJ40, distributor cap part number? 19101-45060 doesn't fit (too big) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

I have a 3/1977 FJ40 that was original to Canada, and am having trouble finding the right OEM distributor cap, The d-cap of the U.S. version for early '77 is 19101-45060 which I purchased, but it is too big to fit on the distributor. Anybody know what the right cap would be?

Thanks!

Dave

19101-41010 is the Toyota part # for the small (tiny) cap. I think this cap is for the non US distributor? It also may only be available from ND as a black cap.

Try messaging @4Cruisers to see if he can help.

devo

Last edited:
I’m not sure if I asked you already or not but looking for FJ60 distributor and pushrod side cover.

19101-41010 is the Toyota part # for the small (tiny) cap. I think this cap is for the non US distributor? It also may only be available from ND as a black cap.

devo
^^^
That's the correct part number. I buy the caps for my distributor refurbishments through toyotapartsdeal.com - their current price is $17.67 plus shipping.

devo
Thanks!!

devo
Would you also happen to know the part numbers for the non US distributor points, rotor and condensor? I keep just getting the US part no.

Would you also happen to know the part numbers for the non US distributor points, rotor and condensor? I keep just getting the US part no.
The non-US distributor points for the small cap distributor are the same as for the US market 1/75 through 8/80 2F distributors - Part Number 04191-41010. The proper condenser (for internal mount) is Part Number 19133-60040. The rotor is the same as for the US market small cap distributors - Part Number 19102-61030.

BTW, I've converted early points/breaker plates to the type used in the non-US small cap distributors, using new parts from other non-Land Cruiser Toyota distributors. The later points are easier to adjust than the earlier points, and you don't have to worry about losing that tiny eccentric bolt :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom