For Sale Canadian '09 LC200 - warning! Buyer beware! Red flags all around (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Had my checkbook open and ready with the ink earlier today, and also my browser set to book a flight when a 2009 LC popped up in Alberta. Price was $44k and it had suspension mods indicating that the owner was at least an enthusiast which I was drawn to. Nope, owner knows absolutely nothing about 200 series having owned it past 6 years. Told me he didn't even know why people were giving him the thumbs up in it for the longest while ever. However he seemed to be truthful to his knowledge, but he straight up isn't a car guy. Knows nothing about it. A bit bizarre to me someone without knowing what a 200 even was ended up being the owner of this one, and where 200s are rarer than Lambos, Ferraris, and even 993 Turbos.

He did have a 4x4 shop inspect it 2 weeks ago.
Heres the rundown:
-It has Fox 2.5" front coilovers, non resi. They look like they lived at the bottom of bikini bottom. These are almost not-savable as you'd need a rebuild, new shock shaft, and a completely new shock body (pic included). At that point, you might as well just get a fresh set of coilovers for the price of rebuild and parts.
-Rear Fox 2.0s bodies are completely corroded away. Shock shaft is extremely pitted. Rear shocks are leaking. You need new shocks all around.
-Has Total Chaos UCA. They must be ultra noisy up in Canada. UCA need to be rebuilt
-4x4 shop had no idea about KDSS valves. They know toyotas but not 200s. I can imagine with it needing suspension work right away and KDSS on a midwest history truck.....won't be a nice time.
-Look at that leak on the steering boots. Thats time for a new rack $$$$$. I'm surprised with 110k miles and the rack looks like that.
-This 200 has always for its entire life been in salt belt and high rust places. Ohio --> Ontario, Canada --> Alberta. Just look at that front control arm and the Fox bodies which are anodized. Owner in Ontario didn't keep it long before it got sold to Alberta.
-4x4 shop noted slight leak and trans pan
-4x4 shop inspection also noted some leaking around valve cover gaskets. High chance its valve cover and also cam tower leak.
-200 has been in a heavy front crash. Its been wrecked but Carfax wont give the claim amount, only says as front end damage. First owner basically "wrecked it" (verified on the US Toyota service history), had electrical problems (whole dash has come out prior along with electrical work), had a clunk complaint in the front area. Immediately traded it in right after the wreck.

So yeah, I'll let you judge this one. I've got my opinions on it and glad I did my due diligence. Carfax that I bought for it on this thing does not tell even 10% of the story. Nothing against the owner though, truthful decent guy.

20201203_080058.jpg

lc200kijiji.PNG

lc200.PNG

Had my checkbook open and ready with the ink earlier today, and also my browser set to book a flight when a 2009 LC popped up in Alberta. Price was $44k and it had suspension mods indicating that the owner was at least an enthusiast which I was drawn to. Nope, owner knows absolutely nothing about 200 series having owned it past 6 years. Told me he didn't even know why people were giving him the thumbs up in it for the longest while ever. However he seemed to be truthful to his knowledge, but he straight up isn't a car guy. Knows nothing about it. A bit bizarre to me someone without knowing what a 200 even was ended up being the owner of this one, and where 200s are rarer than Lambos, Ferraris, and even 993 Turbos.

He did have a 4x4 shop inspect it 2 weeks ago.
Heres the rundown:
-It has Fox 2.5" front coilovers, non resi. They look like they lived at the bottom of bikini bottom. These are almost not-savable as you'd need a rebuild, new shock shaft, and a completely new shock body (pic included). At that point, you might as well just get a fresh set of coilovers for the price of rebuild and parts.
-Rear Fox 2.0s bodies are completely corroded away. Shock shaft is extremely pitted. Rear shocks are leaking. You need new shocks all around.
-Has Total Chaos UCA. They must be ultra noisy up in Canada. UCA need to be rebuilt
-4x4 shop had no idea about KDSS valves. They know toyotas but not 200s. I can imagine with it needing suspension work right away and KDSS on a midwest history truck.....won't be a nice time.
-Look at that leak on the steering boots. Thats time for a new rack $$$$$. I'm surprised with 110k miles and the rack looks like that.
-This 200 has always for its entire life been in salt belt and high rust places. Ohio --> Ontario, Canada --> Alberta. Just look at that front control arm and the Fox bodies which are anodized. Owner in Ontario didn't keep it long before it got sold to Alberta.
-4x4 shop noted slight leak and trans pan
-4x4 shop inspection also noted some leaking around valve cover gaskets. High chance its valve cover and also cam tower leak.
-200 has been in a heavy front crash. Its been wrecked but Carfax wont give the claim amount, only says as front end damage. First owner basically "wrecked it" (verified on the US Toyota service history), had electrical problems (whole dash has come out prior along with electrical work), had a clunk complaint in the front area. Immediately traded it in right after the wreck.

So yeah, I'll let you judge this one. I've got my opinions on it and glad I did my due diligence. Carfax that I bought for it on this thing does not tell even 10% of the story. Nothing against the owner though, truthful decent guy.

View attachment 2514907

View attachment 2514908

View attachment 2514909
Great detective work! I try to do is much as I can but sometimes I rush because I want to beat someone to the “deal”!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom