Canada's Marketplace show states that the Lexus LX is the most stolen ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Canada's show states that the Lexus LX is the most stolen vehicle and a lot of stolen vehicles are put in containers and shipped to West Africa.
The show showed one way thieves steal cars is to use something like TechStream and just program a key.
How about our 100's ... do we have a serious theft problem?

Reference? LX470? I dunno, if they stole every single LX470 sold in Canada.... the numbers would be still low, in my mind.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.09.33 PM.png

This at 11:15:
ZZZ_2022_04-11_001.jpg

At 11:17 it mentions for the Lexus LX "criminals and their customers love the Lexus LX" and "1 in 10 gets stolen" ...

Thx for the link. Ok, LX570. And they are saying 1 out of 10 are stolen but in sheer number, it's not that many. Moral of the video, if you don't want your LX570 stolen, cut the OBDII port off.:rofl:

Last edited:
98-2002 LX and LC are the most difficult to steal. After that the immo can be reset with Techstream.

All a criminal needs to do is copy the VIN from the dash, make a key, hook up Techstream and wait 16 minutes. It really is pretty simple.

98-2002 LX and LC are the most difficult to steal. After that the immo can be reset with Techstream.

All a criminal needs to do is copy the VIN from the dash, make a key, hook up Techstream and wait 16 minutes. It really is pretty simple.

I assume since the thief doesn't have a key that he uses a slide hammer to jerk out the locking mechanism in order to turn the key switch to ON to power Techstream. BTW, I have no interest is stealing cars, just curious about how its done.
In the Marketplace video, it looks like they used lock picking tools to open the door.

I'd be more worried about a Camry or Corolla getting taken than my LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom