Can you take drinking water outside in the bottle holder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello greetings to all. I would like you to advise me if I can take drinking water outside the vehicle? know if there is any situation that is harmful to water exposed to heat, I am clear that I should buy escepter-type drums without bpa. I would like this because that way I would save a lot of space inside the vehicle.

Not a problem. I've been carrying one on the back for a long time. Got to wipe the cap off before use, but
its just dirt!
P1030220.JPG

The only issue is long term storage - algae can grow with sunlight in some water tanks - but that's more an issue with rainwater tanks due to spores from the collection process.

For a few weeks (and I'd assume you'd be using the water during that time and re-filling), it's a total non-issue. Water doesn't care if it gets hot. Water doesn't care about sunlight.

cheers,
george.

síThe doubt has come to my mind since I have heard that drinking water should not be exposed to heat and sun. Nice LC60
For you it could be different as you are in a tropical world. Bugs, algae and protozoan issues are prevalent.
Direct Sun long term, aided by heat can give them growth. My water can is a military Canadian Sceptre can,
from what I read it’s very high on the list for quality. Once it’s sealed it is leakproof.
But in Canada where I’m from my water sources are easy to confirm potable or not. But I am really
careful what I put in there. I have boiled a lot of pots of water from a lake that I just wasn’t sure about.
Do you have access to some of the high quality filters that are available? Some are at a viral level
so you can be sure of safe drinking water almost no matter the source.

Para ti podría ser diferente ya que estás en un mundo tropical. Los problemas de insectos, algas y protozoos son frecuentes.
El sol directo a largo plazo, ayudado por el calor, puede darles crecimiento. Mi lata de agua es una lata militar canadiense Sceptre,
por lo que leí, está muy alto en la lista de calidad. Una vez sellado, es una prueba de fugas.
Pero en Canadá, de donde soy, mis fuentes de agua son fáciles de confirmar como potables o no. pero estoy realmente
cuidado con lo que pongo ahí. He hervido muchas ollas con agua de un lago del que no estaba seguro.
¿Tiene acceso a algunos de los filtros de alta calidad que están disponibles? Algunos estan a nivel viral
para que pueda estar seguro de tener agua potable segura casi sin importar la fu
YThe water will be there for a maximum of 10 days. On the road, it will always be replenished, with clean, fresh and drinkable water.

I carry five gallons at a time in my Sceptre NATO jerry can (made and labeled for water).

IMG_3800.jpg

Last edited:
I have several Sceptre cans that I use. I fill them with filtered water, I think it's a Pur filter, and it may be months before I use all the water before refilling. I keep one in the Cruiser all the time and the water in this can is exposed to wide ranging temps. Fill with clean water and you should be ok.

¡Gracias!

Heat accelerates pathogen growth. If you are in a cooler climate and keep it out of much direct sun it will be fine.

I only carry a 4 gallon container for my family of 4, even when we camp for 2 weeks. This with a MSR guardian filter and we have clean water forever. This won’t work if you camp in an area without a water source but here in Alaska there is water everywhere.
For containers I prefer the made in Canada Reliance to scepters, in the spring they even have them at my local Costco. I also have 6 of the 5 gallon version (for my cabin in the winter) but for camping I like the 4 better.

05C251FC-4B69-43B1-9B44-7845766D5EA6.jpeg

696C45BF-F797-4993-906C-69D4A941993C.jpeg

Hello greetings to all. I would like you to advise me if I can take drinking water outside the vehicle? know if there is any situation that is harmful to water exposed to heat, I am clear that I should buy escepter-type drums without bpa. I would like this because that way I would save a lot of space inside the vehicle.

I wash mine out with soap and fill them up before a trip. Clean water in a clean jug will be fine.

I wash mine out with soap and fill them up before a trip. Clean water in a clean jug will be fine.
Before we leave we vigorously shake/rinse the containers with a 1-4 solution of water-bleach then do the same with tap water. It takes just a couple of cups and about 5 minutes to do it. Then we fill them with fresh tap water before we leave unless it's a commercial, state or national park campground with fresh potable water available. In those cases we just fill up when we get there.
We're VERY careful with the water we intend to drink.:cool:

Just have an opaque container and carry a little water treatment dropper in case you are concerned just treat and thats bout as good as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom