Can you swap front seats from any year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hate power seats, so I'm looking to buy some manual seats but I'm wondering if I need to find 95-97 seats or if I can get some from any year to swap in. I have a 96 LX.

Any year will work

Can you swap front seats from any year?​

Not exactly. I believe 91-92 seatbelt latches are separate from the seat. From what I understand it is not a simple thing to make them work.

I swapped ‘94 herringbone brown all three rows into my ‘97 and never looked back.

My fronts can from a unknown year without seatbelt latches
The 94 latches switched over without issue 😉

I want to go back to power seats. I have a pair of 94 herringbone gray non power. They swap right in.
I switched to them because my original leather were really ruined and I thought I might like reliable recline.
Now that I took out all rear seats, I don't need that ability.

Located in New Mexico.

My fronts can from a unknown year without seatbelt latches
The 94 latches switched over without issue 😉
I'm wondering if your seats are from 93+ and someone removed the belt latches, was there anything indicating one way or the other? Could you post a pic of the material?

I'm wondering if your seats are from 93+ and someone removed the belt latches, was there anything indicating one way or the other? Could you post a pic of the material?
When I got them they had been reupholstered, so that won't help 🤷‍♂️

When I got them they had been reupholstered, so that won't help 🤷‍♂️
Bummer. I was told there was no easy mounting solution for the belt latches on earlier seats when I was looking at a set for my LX, so I passed on them. I hate the leather seats but can't stop buying 80's, so I was hoping to be proven wrong as I'm sure I'll be shopping for cloth seats again at some point.

I put the front and middle seats from a 91 into my 97.

I made it work but the seat belts and latches were not interchangeable.

If I recall correctly, I swapped the middle row belts from the 91 into the 97 along with the seats.

The front was more complicated. I had to swap the front buckles into the 97 because the 97 seats had the buckles attaches to the seats I removed.

I just drilled some holes through the floor of the 97 and bolted the front buckles from the 91 to the floor of the 97 with good hardware.

Again, if I recall correctly the front belts in the 97 did work with the front buckles from the 91.

There are some issues but if you have access to a donor vehicle for belts and parts than it can be done with a little work.

Bummer. I was told there was no easy mounting solution for the belt latches on earlier seats when I was looking at a set for my LX, so I passed on them. I hate the leather seats but can't stop buying 80's, so I was hoping to be proven wrong as I'm sure I'll be shopping for cloth seats again at some point.
I did the swap back in 2015, but if I remember correctly there was some monkey business to get the buckles to work with the seat I have. The buckles are attached to the seats I think I had to make a notch in the plastic cover on the seat and bend the arm on the buckles and I believe the buckles set foreword of the OEM position.
43IYjcnFaKN59Sq-D_LmtEl5q0QOUeuEls55ZWWdf4n4RVBoGt1v_kDubazVNPpY3A3cEMSI2EF-aNYSFQtnqK_9Gv2ivDoG1_lY7BQZkZsc7uNqWZ9BB0jGzGVDU6fW6g89QdZfbHJSMgSojXEX9PAguQ3WuJDQpkzB7G8boauiucGrvwZEiXgOt4awO_cScij0PIKsHvbPw67nblY8ne7xqJ5aNms8QIjgW2fPQF7kCsjeGqy0MnSNUQoMjG8CflXaNAQwgcKtS2k0fN9W6kfRYRGN10Uln0Q5l-zCH7p-Edz4rj5N9GIspcilHckJWfORIHUf3_s04FDMnaviucmHN1UB7L4dz86IJsdUYYPCvAdeau74CAnUXcqPD-xYlO4b46PpO0DXUEVoN6InuaLEIIPgdGqYMP6-yS5kEP6cVgY-aE75lVzGLiGhvdKYfl9s2JX6QX45cz2Mn5kQiF-fVTt8n2o62zjjjOCJ_F-OnyHyQCyq6O0cdAHQr1eqEXFiXCizvFEUblgrEYOoTBcHxR8FqIEfAk-SA7nzllGZ1ECcA_qxBoJNwGglucGU7pXGD65A4DzC8cRUE84ElnKfymvFd4sD3hgDL1orMQxx_JPw7w-bEbVgLtjXcN_x9F5jWo8TJdguCND5afiITHyiNgzYg56Kjf3LtD6ILwLc1EOjPJpvyU0YRRJh6WjpfJn2FzpHVWBs2ZmzzZ1sTbBRh4vXxWPE_MSi3OaZrmOgKYWHnyfAhwC7UjKUkbI7jP-N6UW3FtvV-SOf6D9kA0cc5IuNK-qiH7wRBjELH7SmNB1CCwF2RIZzHJVf7nm5cZBWlaoVrNH89rc1Edb3aNcAOnmyUBExpTkQG8U8eDDhU0Zm_4r0P7lwJAaFo1GHHtT9bs80jLg4VPzdBVCsRKe2-odKdAj7BpuA8ZIApwXdpw=w704-h939-s-no

Is this the same as the later models ?
I know there the wrong color, I don't care 😝

The 95-97 belts will work with 91-92 receivers. You just have to find a way to mount the receivers which were secured by the inner rear seat mounting bolt at the floor in the earlier years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom