Can you still get SST tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen some SST tools around especially in @cityracer's site. But can you get them from Toyota still?

A lot of SSTs have been tracked down by members of this forum to their OE manufacturers, bypassing Mr. Ts claims that they are obsolete. Unless you have to have the TEQ / Toyota Motor stamp, just post up what sst you are looking for and someone will likely help you track it down.

lol. well eventualy I wish I could have them all!! be my own self sufficient Toyota shop. the last one I was looking for was the tool for the 77 brake booster, to dismantle it.

I’ve not seen that tool.

That said, I got a cold call walk in to Mark’s Off Road back in 1991 from a guy who was starting up a tool and die business. Working purely from my form-follows-function philosophy, I paid him to make me several SSTs, including a brake booster tool. Actually 2. One to hold the firewall side of the shell in a bench vice. The other to clamp and rotate the MC half of the shell. Or maybe it was visa-versa.

After using it one time, I hooked up with a booster rebuilding outfit that made it not cost effective for me to do them myself.

So my tools are potentially available for rent with a hefty deposit.

A lot of SSTs have been tracked down by members of this forum to their OE manufacturers, bypassing Mr. Ts claims that they are obsolete. Unless you have to have the TEQ / Toyota Motor stamp, just post up what sst you are looking for and someone will likely help you track it down.

A reasonably priced version 09950-20017 available anywhere?

@Living in the Past

I suppose "reasonably priced" may be considered a subjective term.

Toyota 09950-40011 Universal Puller Set "B" USD $1,419.04

1571704273523.png

@Living in the Past

I suppose "reasonably priced" may be considered a subjective term.

Toyota 09950-40011 Universal Puller Set "B" USD $1,419.04

View attachment 2113017

Problem is this puller set would still require me to get creative using my old HVAC tools to pull the four/five speeds front counter shaft bearing. Could probably find a universal puller set like this for a lot less without Toyota name attached.

OTC pretty much makes all of them now, or the ones still being produced. Bosch has bought the Toyota SPX site/business.

I have a wall full of the Land Cruiser SSTs. Many Toyota Blue boxes and a bunch of the OTC flavor, but I find there's a lot less headache and learning curve f'kups involved when something needs to be rebuilt if I just drop it off at Mark's Off Road ... :D

I know, I owe you a steering box. It'll get there this week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom