Can you identify this sound? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cannot for the life of me figure out the source of this god awful squeak sound. The noise continues to happen with the top and doors off. It happens with any bump or body roll usually. The sound definitely comes from the back area but hard to tell which side.

Any ideas what this is? My drive would be much more peaceful without it...

New body mounts?

Nope, no new body mounts. Are you saying that I need to replace them?

Possibly. I also think that it could be the tire carrier moving round. It's hard to tell unless you start wiggling stuff on the truck.

Possibly. I also think that it could be the tire carrier moving round. It's hard to tell unless you start wiggling stuff on the truck.

I've tried manually moving, jerking etc. on the tire carrier but I can't recreate the sound. It sounds like its inside the cab also.

Kids in the back crinkling a water bottle..........

Shiner Bach caps rattling on the floor.........

My passenger seat rattles a little on my rig, right where it hinges, but nothing like that.

I've tried manually moving, jerking etc. on the tire carrier but I can't recreate the sound. It sounds like its inside the cab also.

Roll bar moving?

I'd see if you can have someone else follow you and try to pinpoint the sound if it happens at low speed in a different vehicle to see if it is internal or external.

Put the rear up on jack stands and run it, see if it is a drivetrain noise or something in the cab.

get someone else to drive, climb in the back and track it down!

that has the Unique Sound of a shifter Cane , in a H42 with BAD Tower Pins , and a VERY sloppy engage dis engage

maybe missing or broken DENTENT Balls and springs

i know that particular sound well

SOR.com has the PINS repair Kit i swear by , BUT a new twist lock cup w/ the 2 hooks and a new cone spring

can anyone collaborate my hunch ? 🤔

watch this video , it is during diagnosis test drive for my described above , me a Member @KS Runner

click ite click tap a tap click again

this was post repair ..........

that has the Unique Sound of a shifter Cane , in a H42 with BAD Tower Pins , and a VERY sloppy engage dis engage

maybe missing or broken DENTENT Balls and springs

i know that particular sound well

SOR.com has the PINS repair Kit i swear by , BUT a new twist lock cup w/ the 2 hooks and a new cone spring

can anyone collaborate my hunch ? 🤔

watch this video , it is during diagnosis test drive for my described above , me a Member @KS Runner

click ite click tap a tap click again

this was post repair ..........

I am not hearing any of mysound in your video but maybe I am just missing it!

I am going to do some testing tomorrow with what you guys have suggested. To me it seems realistic that it might be the body mounts or something that is effected with bumps or body roll. It specifically makes the squeak sound during this.

I've tried also rocking the vehicle back and forth while parked and cant get the sound to happen....

I wonder if your leaf packs are squeaking?

ok

if not the shifter cane

then a loose parking brake drum main nut , must remove drive shaft to re-tourqe and stake nut , and or check ist not loose and nut is staked per FSM

It really responds to that bump at 0:25. You may need a second set of ears moving about.

I recall as a kid, my dad would often have me crawling all around a vehicle as he drove, pressing my ears everywhere. “Find that sound. What is it? Where’s it coming from? Check over here. Check over there.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom