Can you ID this part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mecanico says "malo" and replace (if possible?) But I don't know what you call this in English....it's corroded and leaking pressure. It runs along side drivers side of valve cover on fj60 2F...Thanks!!!
IMG_20200929_080244.jpg
IMG_20200929_080310.jpg

Air injection rail or sometimes referred to as air injection manifold

If you don't have emission testing where you live you don't need it. If you do live somewhere with emission testing then you will need it...or a good one and they are not so easy to find.

If you don't have emission testing where you live you don't need it. If you do live somewhere with emission testing then you will need it...or a good one and they are not so easy to find.
Thanks Seth....yes, it looks like one of those parts that you don't find at Rockauto. We have very strict emission standards here so it looks like I'll be on the hunt. Another fly in the ointment!

You might see if there is a shop near you that can fabricate a new one. It doesn't have to be an exact copy as long as the connections are spaced properly and you can make the connections. did the pieces that thread into the head come out ok?

Thanks Seth....yes, it looks like one of those parts that you don't find at Rockauto. We have very strict emission standards here so it looks like I'll be on the hunt. Another fly in the ointment!
I'll be taking mine off soon ( 1 to 2 weeks) PM me if interested.

After googling photos of this piece it looks like mine is missing "injection nozzels" on each of the 4 elbows between the two ends. Maybe they are still screwed into the motor ? but the mechanic didn't mention that. I'm going back there tomorrow so I will try to get a better idea of what exactly is going on.

The nipples of the manifold have broken off in the nozzles that are screwed into the cylinder head

image.jpeg

You will probably need a couple of these if not all of them depending on whether your mechanic was able to remove the old ones or not:

1601410723183.png

@ToyotaMatt or @cruiseroutfit might have alternative options for these.

M
You will probably need a couple of these if not all of them depending on whether your mechanic was able to remove the old ones or not:

View attachment 2450232

@ToyotaMatt or @cruiseroutfit might have alternative options for these.

Much obliged! I assume a complete set would be 6. Also MUD member may have one for sale. Thanks to you guys I have a much better grasp of what I'm looking at/for. I should be able to make a fairly intelligent decision tomorrow.

Happy to help...takes a whole village ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom