Can you help- Rattling cyclical noise in my engine bay- I don’t know what else to search. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I promised I searched every ‘sound’ descriptor I could think of. To me it sounds like a bull frog in the drivers side of the engine bay. It happens most when I come to a stop- but it is cyclical and I can hear a faint relay click. This leads me to believe it isn't a heat shield.

All skid plates are removed.

Any ideas or has this mythical engine bay creature already been identified?

Last edited:
I had a noise just pop up out of nowhere like you describe. I had to have someone sit in the truck in drive with their foot on the brake. I started underneath the truck looking for the noise, could also hear it clearly in front of the truck. Then I followed it under the hood. It was the engine cover rattling on the driver side of the motor. All fasteners were in place but somehow it just started to rattle recently. I flexed the cover around and it hasn't happened since.

I promised I searched every ‘sound’ descriptor I could think of. To me it sounds like a bull frog in the drivers side of the engine bay. It happens most when I come to a stop- but it is cyclical and I can hear a faint relay click. This leads me to believe it isn't a heat shield.

All skid plates are removed.

Any ideas or has this mythical engine bay creature already been identified?

Can't hear anything in that video, take some audio from under the hood while parked and/or just provide more details to what your symptoms are.

>> Does the noise only happen while you are moving or while you are stopped ?
>> Does the noise relate to vehicle speed or engine rpms?
>> When did the noise start ?

Can't hear anything in that video, take some audio from under the hood while parked and/or just provide more details to what your symptoms are.

>> Does the noise only happen while you are moving or while you are stopped ?
>> Does the noise relate to vehicle speed or engine rpms?
>> When did the noise start ?
It is at the 4 second mark of the video- pulsing vibration sound.

It is at the 4 second mark of the video- pulsing vibration sound.
Hmm, yeah I don't know. I can just barley hear something and would just be guessing. Need more clues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom