can you help me with truck value....thnx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The difference is the one with 80K and 160K is that they both will run forever, and need all the hoses and most gaskets changed, and the later costs double what the former does. I guess the former has the savings upfront for when the HG goes.

Not sure how I would explain to :princess: that we just bought a truck for $12K that is 18 yrs old and it needs a $4K head gasket then I need to put $6K in bumpers, tires, sliders, winches, roof rack, and lift.

You act like the head gasket is a given. Why?

You take that Beautiful 40 Crawling or just to Shows?
Beautiful Truck!

yeah.....it gets dirty, but boy i dont like the roll threat....
moab rim 2.jpg

I
You act like the head gasket is a given. Why?

It's not!
But if you read enough on here it seems like there is 2 groups. Those that have went, and those that are going to go.
I'm still on my original, but I bought about 5K miles ago, so how would I even know if PO changed it without records?

Sorry getting off topic, but what are the clotheslines for?

I know this topic has been beat to death, but it just pains me when I see these type comments--especially to folks like the OP who have little knowledge of the 80-Series (yet). I understand that a large number of HG's in North American 1FZ-FE's are flawed. That said, unless you are just looking for ultimate reliability (like 3rd World, life and death dependability situations), or your truck is where you want it and you have an extra $5K burning a hole in your pocket, it is not worth doing. With the HG as PM frame of mind, you might as well go ahead and rebuild that perfectly-performing transmission while you're at it, because like you said, "It's going to go [sometime]". My2cents.

I mean no ill-will/ Promise I'm not a prick/ Good luck to the OP/ Sorry for the hijack/ Please proceed/

Last edited:
no worries littlerock......and yes, i know very little about the 80 series and appreciate any and all input......

HORND.....the clothes lines are called limbsavers, tight quarters with tree limbs ride up the cable up and over the roof instead of getting snagged between cap and w/s frame.....im originally from east coast so tons of tight treed trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom