Can you help me put these Stedi lights in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I have an '06 LX with an ARB Deluxe bumper. I waited to get fog lights because I wanted the Stedi LED lights which looked way better than the $80 ARB halogens. Well last month I ordered them and when they got here I quickly realized they were not going to fit inside of the bezel. I found out that my bumper has the inserts for the IPF fog lights because it is a bit older ARB combo bumper. I really like these Stedis and I am determined to get them to fit, somehow. If I cut the tabs on the lights, they wedge inside of the bezel. What would you do to make them secure and stay? Thanks

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1600.jpg

Sorry I can’t help but I just installed a pair of these last week and they awesome lights. Don’t suppose you could get the newer bezel from ARB?

Agreed, these lights are great. @ToHiHy is probably on the right path—see if you can procure the newer inserts. Makes it like a 15-second install.

Sorry I can’t help but I just installed a pair of these last week and they awesome lights. Don’t suppose you could get the newer bezel from ARB?
I checked but the newer bezel is smaller than the cutout for my bumper. That would have been the way to go.

Here is a thought after staring at these for awhile. Could I weld a threaded bolt to the back side of the light without damaging the LEDs inside? If so, I could take a strip of metal and bend it into a U and mount it to the housing with 4 screws where you see the holes, then bolt the light to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom