Can you help me ID this alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think my 1HDT alternator is dead and I'm hoping to buy a replacement. From reading on here, I know that there is a "little" and "big" style of alternator for 1HDTs. Unfortunately, I don't know which one I have and I think it looks like the label is gone.

I grabbed some pictures of the alternator.

Here's the connector
CuLvQRA.jpg

Here's the body
GtJtv39.jpg

Here's where the label should be
x5paPMU.jpg

Does anyone recognize this?

27060-17180 on ebay is the one i replaced mine with last month, works perfect, 14.2 volts .

I know that there is a "little" and "big" style of alternator for 1HDTs.

I think the big can be shoehorned in without much effort if you have a small.
The ebay alternators often come with an adapter plug and if they dont ,you can buy them for $12.
The 1HZ alternators can be got in larger amps like 140-180 amps etc .

I think the big can be shoehorned in without much effort if you have a small.
The ebay alternators often come with an adapter plug and if they dont ,you can buy them for $12.
The 1HZ alternators can be got in larger amps like 140-180 amps etc .
Do 1hz alternators mount up to 1HDTs, using the stock mounts and belts? I'm hoping for something that is somewhat easy to install, if I can swing it.

Do 1hz alternators mount up to 1HDTs

I believe so, the australian sites usually advertise them as being for both engines. The 1HZ in the 7* series have 2 pulleys, but I guess swapping pulleys is easy

This one fits them all, there is a full list of compatible vehicles at the bottom of the page

@Lumpskie, the OEM alternator is very easy to refurbish, assuming that the windings are still good. I've done both of mine (one is my spare) using Toyota parts and the cost was under $50. That was new bearings, brushes, etc Just something to consider and I certainly wouldn't toss the one that isn't working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom