Can you hear me now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads

Heard a pair of these on a car a while back and was impressed. I figure two pairs in my 62 should get anyone's attention. Gotta finish wiring them but I figured since I had so much torn apart for the radiator swap and tranny cooler install, I'd knock this out too.

I need horns. Looking forward to a sound video.

Looks like those should move you into the “GET OUT OF MY WAY” region instead of the stock “Pardon me kind gentle person but if it would so please you and perhaps not be of too much inconvenience could you please move forwards?”

More like "Hey texting while driving A-hole you're drifting into my lane."

I need to replace the horns on my Mercedes. They are the euro VW sounding beep beep.

Perfect for when you're cut-off by the usual Prius-driver.

I rarely find it to be the Prius driver that cuts me off. Mostly its the bros in big trucks, the riced out kid cars, and the camaro/chargers

I rarely find it to be the Prius driver that cuts me off. Mostly its the bros in big trucks, the riced out kid cars, and the camaro/chargers

Yup. Tells ya all ya need to know about Los Angeles vs. Vermont

Not much cutting off in Vermont. It’s Massachusetts and Connecticut that I have to drive through on the way to and from the airport far too many times.

Around here it's Subarus and BMWs. I've had quite a few issues lately with people on the freeway cutting me off and then dynamiting their brakes right in front of me, so I'm looking into getting a dash cam soon too.

Nothing more infuriating than a It's-my-road-brake-checker when you're going the speed limit (or trying to, in a Cruiser ;) :rolleyes: )

I’ve got dual stebel nautilus on my truck at 139db each.
They work. I may add a third. They make people who are distracted realize the error of their ways.

Just finished wiring these and gave them a test blast. OH YEAH, two pair is plenty loud. A definite attention-getter. Good overall tone for a Cruiser, too.

what a trip on amazon just now looking at horns! my head is spinning with the choices.

years ago my friend put an air horn into his 4runner. I remember riding with him with he tapped the horn at a car in front of him and driving almost jumped thru the roof of their car.

My friend had a dual system. The soft toyota meep meep and then obnoxious air blast. Cause you might want to differentiate the alerts.. lol

My friend had a dual system.
Years ago I drove a custom conversion bus for a rich guy who was afraid to fly. We traveled regularly from DC to NYC.
The regular horn on the steering wheel got peoples' attention, but the air horn on the floor woke up even the most inattentive.

I love these horns. Honked at a friend of mine as I passed him on the freeway earlier today and scared the piss out of him. They're amazingly loud.

I need these for my commuter mazda. No one ever cuts me off in my landcruiser. Wonder why? :D

I bet they think I don't have insurance given all the dents on the truck.

I’ve got dual stebel nautilus on my truck at 139db each.
They work. I may add a third. They make people who are distracted realize the error of their ways.

How did you wire those up since they take 20A each ? Did you go thru the stock button and use the relay ?

Well, I feel lucky. I don't experience much traffic where I live and people are in general pretty courteous here. I rarely use my horn or hear anyone else use theirs. Wasn't that way when I lived in the bay area way back when.

I pretty much only use my horn to say hi to people. The Toyota Meep meep is perfect for my needs. I like how touch sensitive it is too. I can scream hello or whisper a meep. Either way I ain’t yelling at anyone. The Japanese seam to be a mostly quiet folk.

These are cool though. Happy yelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom