Can you fit the larger jumpseats in a '75+ FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems from what I've read I'm the minority here but I think the large rear jump seats facing each other in the earlier FJ40's is AWESOME. They're definately large enough that four of my buddies could ride in the back, no problem.

The thing is I think I wanna find a later FJ40 and the jump seats are smaller. Is it possible to fit the larger jump seats in an later FJ40? Honestly even if I had to modify or install a new rollbar, it'd be worth it to have a topless toyota friend hauler.

How much smaller are the later jumpseats anyway?

Joey, Joey, Joey. Anything can be done with the right tools and a plan. Do you want protection or a van to haul your friends? Take the rear section of the roll bar out and you have the latter to your question. Would be in my opinion a sacrifice of protection. Do a search for 'family cage'.

you can space them out to fit with the stock bar you just need to drill and make spacers ..... your budy must be small to fit four back there ....;) dont wheel hard cause they'll be above the roll bar also ...but I like the idea for a huntin camp truck

When I put the rollbar into my 71, it came with spacers to reinstall the rear seats (moved them about 3" inboard)

Haha I definately don't want to sacrifice protection, I was thinking of gettin a different cage anyway because I don't trust cages that aren't bolted to the frame.

I won't be wheeling with em back there. They're not small but they can squish :)

I guarantee they'll have twice the room they do in the back seat of my buddies Prelude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom