Can we talk sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the OPORs as well. Bought them raw and rattle canned them. They've held the weight of the rig with no problem. No regrets.

View attachment 1458454

You still running the AHC on that rig with the ARB bumper and sliders? If so, were any adjustments necessary to compensate for the weight?

I reached out to Jason at Cruisin Outfitters. He said the best option is to do a bulk purchase and ship to a Fastenal location where we can all pick up from. That will drop shipping to about $125. If you have others in your area willing to join a bulk order, this could work for you.

If there's anyone in New England that would be interested in joining me for a bulk order, let me know. I also asked him to give us a group buy price shipping to our individual locations. I'll report back.

You still running the AHC on that rig with the ARB bumper and sliders? If so, were any adjustments necessary to compensate for the weight?

Yup, still completely stock plus I have a winch now. I had to crank up the torsion bars to get pressures to spec but I don't know how far from spec they were before those installs. It might be in my head but the ride is a bit harsher now. I'll need to upgrade once I start adding weight to the back and I'd like to keep AHC, but I'd also like a bit of a lift so I'm procrastinating as long as possible :)

BIOR for me. They are well belt look good and have preformed well!

@LandCruiserPhil makes a light weight, low profile option that mounts to the pinch weld.

Can you run the OPOR with front mud flaps?
I believe so, but I never tried.

Interesting the pics from their website show three support arms vs the two you guys mention.
Mine have three support arms per side, I guess they no longer sell them that way?

Have you tried a local club? In my local club, I found a cruiserhead who welds and works on cruisers. He is building my sliders now.

We have kids so steps are important. Reach out to him and see if he can help.
@cruisermatt

Here are what they look like. Mine will have the center filled in with plate. I'll be rattle can mine for ease of touch up. I will add that I don't do rocks or challenging obstacles. These are more for functionality and rocker panel protection.

View attachment 1457672

Hey @cruisermatt and @bucfl . Do you mind sharing the dimensions of these sliders? Over all length, distance between mail rail and outside rail, lenth of three mounting arms?

Just ordered a set of White Knuckle DOM sliders, can't wait!

I reached out to Jason at Cruisin Outfitters. He said the best option is to do a bulk purchase and ship to a Fastenal location where we can all pick up from. That will drop shipping to about $125. If you have others in your area willing to join a bulk order, this could work for you.

If there's anyone in New England that would be interested in joining me for a bulk order, let me know. I also asked him to give us a group buy price shipping to our individual locations. I'll report back.

FYI -- Cruisin Offroad no longer ships sliders. I guess customs and shipping were too much of a hassle. Jason emailed me, let me know that sliders are now local pickup only.

OPOR sliders from MetalTech are a good price, but the shipping to Florida is ridiculous, shipping alone was $352, so that took those off my list as an option.

Still looking....

I am in the same boat being in the southeast, shipping is killer. I was hoping for a pair of Cruisin Offroad Sliders as well. I reached out to Bud Built as I have 4runner friends that have quality armor from him and he mentioned that he was seriously considering making them available for the 100 series platform. I offered up my LX if he needed to take measurements but he mentioned that he has access to one locally. Wouldn't hurt if others sent him some inquiries so that it would reaffirm that the interest is there.

Shipping from Slee to AL was $200. Was about the best I found.

I just got a set from Slee last Friday. Shipping via UPS was $191 to Memphis. Installed yesterday afternoon. Great quality!
4W9CUmd4UDIdCjLe3iOpCRZD8FE0CLXVhK6tcOulnZyK7nBgvp33Hz_KZhPH6o0o9TX_WVvk-FEDZuwrw6qqJ5gAA_oSVhHUsoIYMpaLoA3_c9M4uq_u9hN3WvlrpyiCAxgMkY_3zcYmUSIIzMuI6mjH_-YF2XWJRhKPgm35tmWwaXl3sorApouXqzckzl1RaU0DkJk1VE4Z2oO1BJiIpPGjceEfSF8v_VPuxyg-v-g_IUbLfcYpnC29QO9KCc2D1R71z9tRPKv1T4mG3cs6PMSZAyIHC4UzwaKpILQ117b3uV5atbSs1vFWtYvdMTnQqo-DTUccH1QPHQVDdls-a5ph8XDxTflf8hE6ngDE1q2XTfpqOejOKF_SuSlkOn2c0likJs2W8t1Xxhi3d30pv8eXoOUMJBUqaT5kkvih5rlBFfgibd4ujIJOJ5qcgKQXeYlAoO824e5Slj35sz35jgbbvJOe98cdOUazZTnv0fZxnyrSKWvW6YqvCIGDmkxM-h437F18HjS5o-ellZneWgGROGeBsNn10T5a7R6jk0qrVE9oXtFaqn2bulE5nAZIYTwNX7yp0LstGLSq9kNsSp3TRdYVqfnElSNm=w1759-h989-no
Y5MxGXMuGZnf6-vfNONNEGFywxjNjfswTSCKGNX9Hl-sIWM5Cx5nrzimI6LlPTDrNGXHZfAVX1_3zSBjRWiJv8WZh4lLNzqPVWByL202NKDdieV04loPZgyzVfyXXZn1LDt42BUTWoNbW06cGRzm-I6xUMCxEKI2XsvHWUJnjMtml8pOVZGUJszE5Jnh-W_iGaNacH8ONWBzG_mfiGdPRVLoeuoVBDFLWmN_jx2YoluT2xFzNVcX4DoqSqSLS74v9z3OSXqd8FfrqXji6f1FOXIaekSmPZnghZVWRSu9UtymhjgCLWQi_lWqkZMUumRs-J3xnc1toCnvha6ISuGxY1WtHh4wyXkQJu6SAQvwsctejcgnhq-06RRmop2S3S58PjhX2hv7H1tcJ1jOGKfDI8DArT31aOGFYib4HOhdspFFG50F6DS3ydrhDYgxV2N8GimyrFAKen39ekPRyKlyGXnv7UKoCpe0ttakoxc1SRRESwSRNOzqKHM3K6kk6ovp2gfV3Q7ILyx4X-uWYMQP3vDEeBAT2REfFHq_jVcyf7aggKmDgorSZNZ1BLVqCt3bgSUNSYxYOdts3hEyT8KQBH-CwbYkaxHgXyU3=w1759-h989-no

Is anyone using the Slee sliders to lift vehicle, using hi lift jack and jac-kof tool or other adaptor?

I wanted to post some pics of the 67" Trail Gear sliders I just finished up on my wife's LX (still has AHC). You can get these for around $220 shipped from Summit or Jegs, but obviously requires a lot more work as they are DIY compared to Slee, OPOR, White Knuckle etc. But if you have a welder and the time, these are a great alternative. I had a set of these on my old 62 and they did great. Here are some pics...

Last edited:
I just installed some used White Knuckle Offroad sliders that I got from my buddy @reevesci . They seem solid, but the powder coat was in bad shape. I just cleaned them up and rattle canned them. Trying to decide if I need to add some grip tape to the tube or run them without.

20171007_184633.jpg

20171010_181707.jpg
20171011_084446.jpg

I just installed some used White Knuckle Offroad sliders that I got from my buddy @reevesci . They seem solid, but the powder coat was in bad shape. I just cleaned them up and rattle canned them. Trying to decide if I need to add some grip tape to the tube or run them without.

View attachment 1554109
View attachment 1554107 View attachment 1554108

Glad you could use them. I took those off a customers rig and replaced with my full tread sliders. I recommend the Gator Grip tape. It comes in a few widths and lengths. The adhesive seems to hold better than other brands out there.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom