Can we talk sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slee, BIOR, MetalTech, White Knuckle off road, and a few more I'm not thinking of.

What do you have, what do you like, what don't you like, what's the best value? Powder coat, or paint, etc.

As a separate issue, who, aside from slee, has sliders that can go on an ahc rig without modifications? (I know @Ramathorn15 ) had to mod on his MetalTechs.

I've also read that step sliders are the way to go for those with little ones.

I'd like more info was well, I really like the look of rocky road sliders, but heard they don't protect that well, and the customer service is pretty bad and you have to wait awhile to get it. Just what I've read on the forum

9+ years on my Slee steps and they are as solid as the day they went on. There are a lot more options now than then, but I'd still pick up a pair for a new truck if I got one. Pros: great durability, strength and grippy finish. They are a true step, so no small feet slipping through. Steps are a must for my wife and young son. Cons: there are some lower profile options available now. Some like a bigger kick out at the back for rock crawling.

image.jpeg

The cruisin offroad sliders are the most appealing to me. Almost al other companies use a U bolt around the frame, leaving the mount to hang below the frame. While this may not be a huge issue, I would prefer the bottom of the frame to be smooth. Cruisin offroad sliders achieve this.

I like the design of the Cruisin Off Road sliders. Pic below is of the product just before I installed them in my 2000 LX. Can be had in the traditional turned up slider style or as a step slider (what I have). If he made them for the 200 series I'd buy from him again.

full

Hmm these looks nice, i see the price as 875 CAD$ makes this about $640 US? That's not bad, i wonder what he charges for shipping, is this direct bolt on? Do i need to modify or cut anything?

The cruisin offroad sliders are the most appealing to me. Almost al other companies use a U bolt around the frame, leaving the mount to hang below the frame. While this may not be a huge issue, I would prefer the bottom of the frame to be smooth. Cruisin offroad sliders achieve this.

I think you are deceived to think that those sliders above would provide a more slick frame profile than the same amount of u-bolts. I just don't see it. That much material on the underside won't hang you up either way, at least in my experience.

I have a set of the Slee sliders and I have owned the Metal Tech sliders. Both will hold up to rocks and the weight of a heavy laden 100 series... I prefer the Slee step sliders, I would prefer paint over powder coat (at least for touch ups but PC is a better out of the gate option). The steps are preferred all around in our home.

Picked up my BIOR slider/steps from a fellow mudder, I like the easy bolt on design and they have kept me off many rocks! Do they stick out a little, sure, but my smallest one has said multiple times that she was glad daddy had them!! Also helps getting items on and off the roof! Paint!!

I think @reevesci (Trail Tailor) is welding up sliders for AHC-equipped trucks.

IMG_2509.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG

I think you are deceived to think that those sliders above would provide a more slick frame profile than the same amount of u-bolts. I just don't see it. That much material on the underside won't hang you up either way, at least in my experience.

I have a set of the Slee sliders and I have owned the Metal Tech sliders. Both will hold up to rocks and the weight of a heavy laden 100 series... I prefer the Slee step sliders, I would prefer paint over powder coat (at least for touch ups but PC is a better out of the gate option). The steps are preferred all around in our home.
3/8" of flat material flush with the bottom of the frame, compared with ~1" of flat bar with square edges and a U-bolt, its clear which one is less likely to hang up. You are correct however in thinking that it is unlikely to ever get hung up on that based on the fact that many other things hang below the frame. It takes that one perfectly placed rock to hang you up, but once again the solution is usually simple (different line) and probably not as of a concern to most others.

After exchanging messages with Jason (the owner) I was assured I could get a bare metal set as I agree spray paint is easier to touch up than PC.

I was simply stating my opinion, based solely off of my research. Yet I still have not made a purchase, so my decision is still unmade. This thread might sway my final decision.

Last edited:
^^^ Just bought some spring spacers from Trail Trailor, quick shipping :)

I'm in the market for sliders next, i really don't know what to get. My budget is $600-700 though, don't want to spend more than that.

Following

If someone could make a list, and link, to all the available sliders that we can buy, that would be awesome. AFAIK, there are only a handful of sliders available.

Advanced search, "sliders", title only, 100 section only - 7 pages of threads.
Yeah, I know. But from a quick look I saw lots of 'I got sliders' 'look at these sliders' 'im gonna get sliders next'... Nothing that really went through the options.

If someone could make a list, and link, to all the available sliders that we can buy, that would be awesome. AFAIK, there are only a handful of sliders available.
I will work on that for the first post.

Have you tried a local club? In my local club, I found a cruiserhead who welds and works on cruisers. He is building my sliders now.

We have kids so steps are important. Reach out to him and see if he can help.
@cruisermatt

Here are what they look like. Mine will have the center filled in with plate. I'll be rattle can mine for ease of touch up. I will add that I don't do rocks or challenging obstacles. These are more for functionality and rocker panel protection.

File_000.jpeg

They ain't done yet! Lots of finish welding and de-burring to do... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom