can U convert a forward shift to top shift 4 crawler box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
I have searched with little or no answers anyone know what it takes I have a w56 tranny with a top shift and a found $50 forward shift I want to use as crawler box ...If I use a duel handle shifer in my box do I just bolt the other shifter in the crawler box or are the rails different ??

Forks are different. Yes, you can convert. I bought mine from Marlin.

If I use a duel handle shifer in my box do I just bolt the other shifter in the crawler box or are the rails different ??

Not sure what you mean by this.

Forks are different. Yes, you can convert. I bought mine from Marlin.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I think what he is talking about is using twin sticks instead of converting the foreward shift....:confused:

Call Marlin Crawler. Their foreward to top shift conversion kit isnt listed on their webpage. Also while you are on the phone with them, ask about the twin sticks. I am not 100% sure about the installation process so I wont comment.

what I was hopeing is if I convert my top shift to a twin stick can I just bolt the stock shifter in to the forward shift to make it a top shift:frown: ...but if the shift forks are different I will just keep lookin for a top shift... thanks for the info

I have searched with little or no answers anyone know what it takes I have a w56 tranny with a top shift and a found $50 forward shift I want to use as crawler box ...If I use a duel handle shifer in my box do I just bolt the other shifter in the crawler box or are the rails different ??

Yep can be done. The shift rail is different but the forks are the same (double check by pulling the cover over the top of the case). Weld the keystock on the shift fork and cut the shift rail down so that it does not stick out when in low but not too short. The shifters are different, but no problem if you go to twin sticks. I'm waiting on a front drive shaft to install.

I just did this last night on a forward shift crawl box I got for cheap.

Kling-on didn't I buy a set of tires off you last year?

PM me if you have time to come by the house this week-end, I have some old cases and we can spark up the welder & get you shifting.

PM me if you have time to come by the house this week-end, I have some old cases and we can spark up the welder & get you shifting.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom