Can the OEM jack be rebuilt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched a little bit for this, but all I could find was information on rebuilding the early style Toyota jacks (the yellow ones). The later model OEM jacks that came in my 80, my cousin's Tacoma, and my uncle's GX470 are all brown and seem to be a sealed, non-serviceable design. Are these rebuildable at all? Is there a thread or webpage with that information? The reason I ask is that my stock jack has been the victim of years of insidious water intrusion and is rusted and crunchy. It works...sort of, but it isn't nice and smooth and often binds up. I'm a cheapskate as well as enjoying restoring/rebuilding things, so I was hoping someone has successfully figured out how to disassemble and reassemble these jacks. I have an extra good-condition Lexus jack, but it's a little too tall to fit in the spot it's supposed to go, although superficially they look nearly identical. Thank you in advance for any input or experience anyone can add.

When you exhaust all possibilities of servicing yours, I know where you can buy a good used one with a cradle if needed. ;)

There are companies out there that rebuild Jacks and hydraulic cylinders, and others that sell parts if you can get your's apart.

this guy shows you how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom