Can someone link me to a decent inexpensive coolant pressure tester? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a slow coolant leak (about an inch down in the radiator per 2000 miles.)

My last Blackstone Lab result (7k miles ago) came back clean...going to do another sample but am hoping this isn’t the HG.

I don’t see any obvious leaks.

With Covid rates in LA being what they are, hoping to Amazon Prime a cooling system pressure tester. Anyone have one they’ve used and can share a link to? (Hoping for sub $100.)

I see a lot of options but hoping someone has one they’ve used and can verify the radiator cap fit well.

Thanks!

Have a slow coolant leak (about an inch down in the radiator per 2000 miles.)

My last Blackstone Lab result (7k miles ago) came back clean...going to do another sample but am hoping this isn’t the HG.

I don’t see any obvious leaks.

With Covid rates in LA being what they are, hoping to Amazon Prime a cooling system pressure tester. Anyone have one they’ve used and can share a link to? (Hoping for sub $100.)

I see a lot of options but hoping someone has one they’ve used and can verify the radiator cap fit well.

Thanks!
You're a smart man. Another oil sample is a good idea too.
How is your PHH? Could that be a leak source?

You're a smart man. Another oil sample is a good idea too.
How is your PHH? Could that be a leak source?
I replaced it as one of my first projects when I got the rig 18 months ago, but I’ll get back in the wheel well and inspect further. Haven’t noticed any drips but haven’t checked for residue/trace.

thanks for the suggestions! The Harbor Freight near me is a little Covid-scary (or was the last time I was there a few months back) but if I go mid day maybe it’ll be more dead. If someone has an easy mail order link, send it along. Thanks!

Pressure testing is the way to go.

Try to find one with the most adapters, they can be expensive to add later. There are adapters for testing both the radiator cap and for pressurizing the system through the radiator.

You might be able to rent one for a one time use.

I have a Cornwell pressure tester but it did not come with many adapters.
Pressure Test01.jpg

Pressure Test02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom