Can someone identify this noise ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out here..
Recently joined the club and brought a HDJ81 landcrusier and I love it. Today though the noise you can here in the video I've attached has started.. it seems to be coming from the front end somewhere and sounds like a bearing of some description.. only seems to appear when accelerating and coasting and goes away when braking.. and also the drive train clunk that the land cruisers are know for has gotten worse since the noise started ..
Any ideas would be great!
Cheers

Link to video as I couldn't upload it here ..

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out here..
Recently joined the club and brought a HDJ81 landcrusier and I love it. Today though the noise you can here in the video I've attached has started.. it seems to be coming from the front end somewhere and sounds like a bearing of some description.. only seems to appear when accelerating and coasting and goes away when braking.. and also the drive train clunk that the land cruisers are know for has gotten worse since the noise started ..
Any ideas would be great!
Cheers

Link to video as I couldn't upload it here ..

U-Joints.

Check and grease your driveshafts.

U-Joints.

Check and grease your driveshafts.
Greased them up today.. very little play in front u joints to front diff(not even 1mm up down and side side ) and no play in front to transfer or the rear driveshaft.. but it's still making the noise .. would this still be pointing to the u joint with play or would I be looking elsewhere

Greased them up today.. very little play in front u joints to front diff(not even 1mm up down and side side ) and no play in front to transfer or the rear driveshaft.. but it's still making the noise .. would this still be pointing to the u joint with play or would I be looking elsewhere
If that didn't make the noise change or go away the the next place to look is front wheel bearings and check for play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom