1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone help the computer idiot?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by saint60, Jul 15, 2005.

1. saint60

saint60

i have a music program called limewire that i need to change the settings. if i happen to leave the program running and walk away from the computer and let it go into sleep mode it won't wake up. it's only that limewire program though. any other open window lets the computer wake up. so is there a way to change the settings or options from the control panel or something so it will stop doing that? i'm running windows xp. thanks.

2. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
  3. saint60

saint60

sounds like its worth looking in to, but how do i tell which version i am running and what is ATI?

4. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't use Limewire. But to find the version of any program, look under the About or Help->About pulldown at the top. I would just download the latest version of Limewire. It won't delete any of the sound files you've already downloaded; just update Limewire to a version that has less bugs and probably more features.
    ATI is a video driver that tells your monitor how to "drive" images onto the screen. ATI is the most popular next to Nvidia. They come out with updated drivers all the time for everything on your computer. That's some of what Windows Updates does on a regular basis, but it's sometimes necesary to udpate the drivers that Windows has nothing to do with.