Can Only Remove Key From Ignition If I Disconnect Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched the forums and although there were many threads with ignition key stuck issues, I wasn’t able to find something as specific as mine.

I can put the key in the ignition cylinder, turn the vehicle on & turn it off, turn it to ACC, and turn it to lock. But I cannot remove the key from the cylinder unless I disconnect the battery.

I thought it may be a shift lock solenoid issue but I can start, shift, drive and turn the key to all positions, just can’t take it out unless I disconnect the battery.

I don’t believe this is a ignition cylinder issue either, what do you reckon it could be?

Key interlock solenoid or shift lock ECU would be my guess.

I’ve searched the forums and although there were many threads with ignition key stuck issues, I wasn’t able to find something as specific as mine.

I can put the key in the ignition cylinder, turn the vehicle on & turn it off, turn it to ACC, and turn it to lock. But I cannot remove the key from the cylinder unless I disconnect the battery.

I thought it may be a shift lock solenoid issue but I can start, shift, drive and turn the key to all positions, just can’t take it out unless I disconnect the battery.

I don’t believe this is a ignition cylinder issue either, what do you reckon it could be?

Did you ever find out? I'm having a similar problem. I replaced both key interlock and shift interlock solenoids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom