Can Not Communicate with vehicle(OBDll) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Issues I’m having on top of the AHC, is not being able to connect to the car. The port has power,(checked fuse) but when hooking up the scan tool the error pops up. Has anyone had a similar issue or know how to help diagnose this problem? I’m not sure how long the issue has been there, but is extremely frustrating. The car also has all of the lights on the dash(ABS, ACTIVE TRAC,VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, BRAKE).

I had taken the car into the dealership and they were having the same issue trying to read the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
8B71231B-DAF1-4030-B7A2-CBB204380A75.jpeg

Last edited:
Basics first - scan tool works on other cars, correct?

Rule of thumb - just rule out the controllable variables first. It results in less cussing

Sure. Get the pinout for your ECU and check continuity on every pin from your OBD2 connector to the ECU. Let's rule out wire breaks in those wires.

Sure. Get the pinout for your ECU and check continuity on every pin from your OBD2 connector to the ECU. Let's rule out wire breaks in those wires.
Do you mind going a little more in-depth on how to do this task? This stuff is a bit over my head. Apologies in advance :rolleyes:

Ok. To test continuity, you connect one lead of a multimeter to one end of the harness and the the other lead to the other end. Set your multimeter to the continuity setting, and if the wire is unbroken, you'll get a positive result. This is also called a ring-out test since many multimeters will make a noise from a speaker, or ring, when the wire is not broken on a positive result.

If you want to track down wire issues yourself, you'll need a multimeter, patience, and not mind getting your hands dirty reaching in odd places to track wire (looms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom