Can I not reinstall A/C fan and Radiator and still have heat system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
I am r/r heater core in my 60 and have removed all A/C bits in engine bay (never to be used again) and was wondering if it's possible to leave all A/C bits on inside of truck off post install of new heater core?
In other words, is it necessary to have A/C radiator and housing and A/C fan inside truck to complete plumbing aspects of the heat system? As not fun as it was to remove, would love to not reinstall since the truck will never see conditioned air again.
Thanks to all for feedback!

yes...you can leave all parts of the a/c system off that are under the hood, they have no impact to the heating system. Don't know why you want to do that but the answer is yes. The condenser and freon hoses and compressor can be removed with no impact to the heat function.

Great! thanks for speedy reply, The A/C system was in rough shape and it was very nice to get the extra room in engine bay from removal of the bits. Am employing "elimination is the only solution" at this point to have most simple creature possible. Summers are not hot here in the valley so the A/C is not valuable to me.
Thanks again!
also if anyone needs the internal bits, holler and we can work it out.

OK, just re-read...so for clarity I am trying to rid the bits that are inside driver compartment, I know that the engine bay bits are ok to not go back in. Can I not reinstall the AC fan and radiator stuffs that inside truck in passenger side foot area?
thanks

only under-the-hood items can be removed...assuming you want the heater core to work and the fan to blow air out the various vents for heat and defrost.

You need the fan to push air so you want to leave that in. The large box in the passenger compartment contains the AC evaporator (I think that's what it's called); looks like a small radiator. Since you've gutted the underhood AC stuff you can pull this if you want. Some FJ60s were equipped without AC and simply had a short hose in place of this box.

Thanks Godwin! after another peak it makes sense that the fan moves air whether its cold or hot air...so I will gut the evap box and plug line holes in fire wall from it and keep bits as conduit for air moving. Found a small petrified bird in evap box! again, if anyone needs the internal bits, holler. and thanks for responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom