Can I manually power ACC via external battery power source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am playing around with being able to hang in the back of the cruiser, and the rear fans are _perfect_ .. I haven't touched those rear fan controls in 7 years, but here they are... strength, direction, all controlled from back here.

I want to use them without draining the starter battery so I'm curious if anyone has ideas on how to power the ACC/fan system.

Is there a way I can power ACC via external battery source easily? I'm pretty sure ACC is powered by some relay, so I guess I could patch in up stream of that relay and directly power it via my own 12v source?

Open to thoughts!

PS: I am getting an ammeter tomorrow, but if anyone knows how much current ACC idle and fans tend to draw that would be cool

Update: Ohh, I could wire a manual disconnect for the starter and wire up my own 12v bank. Sounds like a pain to remember dealing with but it's simple to think about at least.

IMG_8527.jpg

Last edited:
I am of the belief (most of the time) to keeping things simple. First I would think the existing fans are probably not extremely energy efficient… So those things said if this were me I would think about using usb or 12v fans and not attempt to rewire and use the factory rear fan. Use whatever aid power source you plan to use and “plug-in” your fabs into that and call it done.

I am of the belief (most of the time) to keeping things simple. First I would think the existing fans are probably not extremely energy efficient… So those things said if this were me I would think about using usb or 12v fans and not attempt to rewire and use the factory rear fan. Use whatever aid power source you plan to use and “plug-in” your fabs into that and call it done.
But it’s all about having those sweet integrated systems!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom