CAN I KEEP 4x4 WITH NEW LT1 (CORVETTE) ENGINE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought my first FJ40 1972, 4x4 manual and I want to keep it 4x4 manual. I got this engine from a friend who owns a shop out of a 2018 Corvette Stingray with 15k miles on it, rear engine fire.

EXACT ENGINE: 6.2L

My FJ40 is a 1972, with a SBC in it already.

Questions:
1. Can I keep 4x4 and manual with this engine?
2. I plan on RuffStuff rear boxing kit, what do people do for front stiffening?
3. What else should I be doing to this frame when I'm taking it down to the frame and powdercoating and refinishing (ALSO A SMALL CRACK IN FRAME)

First, do you presently have a 3 speed or 4 speed tranny behind your present SBC ??? Next, the front motor mounts will need adapters in order to use the LT1 engine. Next, your flywheel/pilot bushing/etc. will need some of my help once I know what tranny you will be using- - -lemme know.

First, do you presently have a 3 speed or 4 speed tranny behind your present SBC ??? Next, the front motor mounts will need adapters in order to use the LT1 engine. Next, your flywheel/pilot bushing/etc. will need some of my help once I know what tranny you will be using- - -lemme know.

WAIT- YOUR IN BREA!!! THATS SUPER CLOSE, I'M IN CULVER CITY! ARE THERE ANY GOOD SHOPS CLOSE TO US? CAN YOU DO SOME OF THIS WORK?????

USNAO4FJ40, so I'm guessing you are/were in the US Navy, Aviation Ordnance, E4 pay grade, with an FJ40. I was an AO5 aboard the USS Bennington during Viet Nam- - -easy deal.
Sooooo, you've opened up a can of worms here with your FJ40 needs. I have a ton of info for you, but I'm going to take it off line to a private message (which I've already received from you).

USNAO4FJ40, so I'm guessing you are/were in the US Navy, Aviation Ordnance, E4 pay grade, with an FJ40. I was an AO5 aboard the USS Bennington during Viet Nam- - -easy deal.
Sooooo, you've opened up a can of worms here with your FJ40 needs. I have a ton of info for you, but I'm going to take it off line to a private message (which I've already received from you).
Actually USNA is united states naval academy, commissioned and served as nuclear officer on the uss Ronald Reagan, cvn76, as a reactor officer. Did a summer tour in lst fast Freddie, that was a Vietnam ship out of Hawaii, and 2 deployments in uss bonhomme Richard lhd6. Out and in La now w family and yes opened a huge can of worms, but loving it! THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

your putting that much into it... just get a new frame from Aqualu and sell off or give away the original mostly unhacked (except for the sbc) frame to a wanting mudder :meh:
How do I register it and stay smog exempt in CA?

Ohhh CA .... your screwed lol

CA sucks with the modded stuff... @Downey can help you out with what to do to stay compliant ... if he is close (as it looks he is from previous post).... go to him and glean his information ... he knows what he's doing ... AND... he has the goods :)

Ohhh CA .... your screwed lol

CA sucks with the modded stuff... @Downey can help you out with what to do to stay compliant ... if he is close.... go to him and glean his information ... he knows what he's doing

mine is 72, so pre smog, so leaning towards new aqualu frame and steal the Vin from my 72 and new build basically

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom