Can I get the cabin air filter to work with fresh air instead of only recirculated air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago I followed a post on here and was able to easily install the cabin air filters for a lx470 into my 2000 100 series. Where I live we have very bad pollution in the morning on my way to work.

If I use outside air my windows stay unfogged, but I'm sucking in the pollution.

If I use recirc air my windows get fogged quickly, but I can smell and feel the difference the filters are making.

It seems like a bit of a design flaw that only recirculated air goes through the filters. It seems like outside air is what would need to be filtered the most. Anybody else having problems with this?

The filters are good for dust but not smells. Both outside and recirc air go through filter, but there are some gaps around filter so a little stuff get through.

Thanks that's good to know--it seemed to me like the outside air wasn't going through the filter at all. I found some PM2.5 filters locally that will fit the slot. I might try those, but not sure if it will restrict airflow too much and just blow most of the air through the gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom