Can I disable the alarm on 2006 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought my truck earlier this year, it's been great. It was a police impound vehicle before I bought it, the ignition lock cylinder was replaced. I have keys for that replacement obviously, but no remote lock control fob. Initially, fairly rarely, the alarm would go off when I unlocked the truck - horn blaring, flashing lights, doors locking. I just lived with it since rare, but it's happening on about 50% of the truck entries now - I disconnected all 3 horns as a result. Lights still flash but about two seconds after I stick key in ignition and start car, the alarm stops.

Is there a way to just disable the alarm on a 2006 Land Cruiser? I'd like to reconnect the horns but permanently disable the alarm.

You should be able to program your new keyless entry key to the truck. No special tools needed. Search in here how to program your key buttons.

Try pulling the fuse in the passenger side kick panel: 7.5A SECURITY

I'm with @billygoats on this one. Get a proper key with the functions built in and program it using the instructions on the board. You'll have to do the hokey pokey, but the prize at the end is a properly functioning Land Cruiser.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom