Can I be part of this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
Can I be part of this? FJ55 Crawler Project

Hi Everyone on the FJ40-55 threads. I just picked up another project and would love to start posting in this section now. I dont know if It belongs here or In the Hard core corner. It is essentially a 1969/197* FJ55 Morph with a bunch of mods? I hope I can glean from all your technical experience.

Here is a link to all the pictures :) Crawler project
MVC-853F2.jpg

Last edited:
needs bigger tires and you link doesnt work

Yes it does.. anyone have any?... I think 38-39"

uuummm...i'mdrunkbuti'mstillsureyouboughta55andyourlinkgoestoa45

wow 2 link issues, odd. the link is pointing to www.fjtoys.com/crawler which is the FJ55 crawler. I click it and it goes to the fjtoys.com/crawler site... there is the issue, fixed now.. and I didnt even drink tonight!

Paint The Frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!paint The Frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drunks are funny

yea dude... seriously!

your cruiser looks like hell. i love it. those are usually the cars that will never die.

Welcome!

Your pig has extreme potential, but I agree with the guys: bigger meats to match that lift, and paint that frame to something less...eye-catching. :D

But welcome! Here you'll find general tech for the 40 and 55 series. If you need something that you think is 55 specific, then you might try here: The Iron Pig Preservation Society, also a forum on this board.

I agree with ppillard if its just general stuff youll get a lot more views in the tech section but come talk to us pig guys some in our forum. As for that pig something has to be done about the tires and the red frame and suspension.

It set me back $350 for the truck. Came with 2 trannies, hoods, 2 differential, 327 chevy engine.

My cool wife and 15mth old went with me to pick it up, took 3 hours longer and cost $20 for food and $55 for the trailer. Add $30 for gas and the total cost of this rig came out to $455

So $455 for a rig that will keep me from hacking up my 64 FJ45lv.

I agree , major potential and it looks like hell with a red frame , you musta got that from a dirttracker redneck midget racer.....

455 for all that is a screamin' deal. I think I could tolerate a red frame to save those kinda duckets. Nice!

damn after like 4 years someone finaly bought that thing..........congrats :D

but I thought you were getting rid of your projects.........

Were you the dude that picked up his other fj40 pimp... he spoke of someone... think its you by his description of a CRUIZER nut... Im really curious what the other one he sold was... 2,500$ sticker. Also, here is the history on this rig.

1969 Pig... someone kinda rolled it... frame perfect, body crap.... then someone else picked it up, took the bad body off, put a 327 in it, put a 72+ body on it, then shortened it (piss poor job but fixable). This morning I put a battery in it and the headlights work, which is a good sign. I guess it sat for a while then the dude called my guy and had him haul it off for free. I saw the ad on craigslist and even posted it up here for someone to snatch it up.. he was asking a grand.

nope not me, I am not dragin any more crap home for awhile.....and if I do its gonna be rust free crap ;)

Mikesta said:
Were you the dude that picked up his other fj40 pimp... he spoke of someone... think its you by his description of a CRUIZER nut... Im really curious what the other one he sold was... 2,500$ sticker. Also, here is the history on this rig.

1969 Pig... someone kinda rolled it... frame perfect, body crap.... then someone else picked it up, took the bad body off, put a 327 in it, put a 72+ body on it, then shortened it (piss poor job but fixable). This morning I put a battery in it and the headlights work, which is a good sign. I guess it sat for a while then the dude called my guy and had him haul it off for free. I saw the ad on craigslist and even posted it up here for someone to snatch it up.. he was asking a grand.

Red frames in the evening are nice. I like the differential the best.

Do piggy's make good crawlers... I love the way they look but that think looks tippy, what size tire are looking at getting up under there...

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom