Can earlier 6-lugs be converted to later model 5-lugs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if the earlier LC FJ80's can be converted from 6-lugs over to the "newer" or later model 5-lug Cruiser setup?

The reason I ask is, it seems there are better aftermarket wheel options available for 5-lug Cruisers than there are for the 6-lug Cruisers...?

What is involved with such a modification, or can someone list all of the parts that would be needed to perform such a swap?

My thinking is I would need to upgrade:

front rotors
front axles
front calipers (and/or pads)?
rear axles?
rear drums

I think those would be the major parts for such a swap, is this correct?

Are there any differences in the later model FJ80/FZJ80 axle lengths, widths or diameters? What about the axle housings, same?

choices for the 5X150 on the 100 are very limited.

All FJ80s and FZJ80s (US SPEC) are 6 lug.

Cobra Jet said:
I was wondering if the earlier LC FJ80's can be converted from 6-lugs over to the "newer" or later model 5-lug Cruiser setup?

The reason I ask is, it seems there are better aftermarket wheel options available for 5-lug Cruisers than there are for the 6-lug Cruisers...?

You gotta be wanting some aftermarket wheels awfully bad to go to all that trouble and expense.

I've never considered a 6 on 5.5 pattern rare....but I don't shop bling wheels either......

cheap/easiest will be running spacer/adapters to drop to the size you want....then getting some backspacing on the rims to make up that difference.

New rear axles on the semi-float 92 will be WAY expensive, as will the other new front axle parts required....all custom, all pricey....not worth it IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom