Can anyone tell me where this piece really goes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone out there have an 95 + 80 Series that may be unmolested under the hood? I’m looking for ”the” spot that the front axle breather vent thing attaches to. My FSM does not show it?
Here is a photo from MUD but I don’t think this is the right spot?

Thanks

devo

97A1EFAF-F808-40F1-BDB7-1E26BF8B2D69.jpeg

That is incorrect while also being a much better than OE placement.

If you are after true to stock location it terminates inside the frame rail in front of USDS engine mount
image.jpg

My (3) 80s are terminated like Onur's. @jfz80's photo has a cleaner part, but his hose has been cut (you can see it hanging out of the termination housing).

My (3) 80s are terminated like Onur's. @jfz80's photo has a cleaner part, but his hose has been cut (you can see it hanging out of the termination housing).
same with mine, same as OG Beno's and im the original owner so hasnt ever been changed.

that one in the pic just above looks like if the suspension flexed would tear off too

My DD has a stock suspension, and about 6 inches of hose loop from the axle to the frame.

Beno is 100 % correct !
But running it up into the engine compartment is a good idea, Lots of folks do it for deep water crossings including myself. Just make sure there enough hose !
Somewhere a long the inner finder or near the fire wall is probably better the mounting it to the motor ;)

Last edited:
I was happy to remove the factory breather box and route new/longer hose up into the top of engine bay with a new breather - but not right next to the engine. One nice coil, and you have good range.

The rear breather is also easily extended, even same location, but higher up under the body. New hose as well.

If doing this, clean the surrounding areas on axle housing, remove threaded nipples, clean/clear everything, and reinstall.

Last edited:
I replaced the OE vent with a 3/8" bulkhead fitting X hose barb (need to drill and tap) because it was always plugging off...
1685668436424.png

Thanks folks for the feedback. I like knowing the location for the stock placement but I’m afraid that is just a little low for my occasional deep water crossings. I’ve had this 80 for about 12 years now and that vent has been pinned on the wheel well near the evap can for that long. It wasn’t bothering anything but me! Every time I’d look under the hood I would casually try to find a better location.

Correct. Trimmed when extended many moons ago. Onur’s response hadn’t posted when I replied. Was just showing or terminus locale
same with mine, same as OG Beno's and im the original owner so hasnt ever been changed.

that one in the pic just above looks like if the suspension flexed would tear off too
Pic is a bit deceiving as the slack and curve is coming right at the camera but could likely use a redo as it was for OME mediums that went to Js then slee 4” then slinky coils

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom