Can anyone tell me about this driveshaft u-joint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had increasing driveline vibes. Time to replace the u-joints! The front 2 u-joints are standard 1350 joints but the rear is different. It’s got a collar that seems to go around 2 ends and then the usual clips on the other 2 ends, like the other u-joints.

I’ve googled a bunch and can’t seem to figure out what to buy. Anyone know what I should be looking for. I’m 99% sure it’s a custom driveshaft

BF7E0D4C-FBFF-4874-A171-1F957D5821BA.jpeg

Ok I googled more. Looks like it has u bolts that secure it i the pinion side. I guess the 14 bolt usually has little metal clasps and this was upgraded

I would say a 1350 joint. A 1410 is a lot wider. Get a Spicer Life joint for a replacement. No grease fitting but stronger.

Agree, 1350 u-joint. It only looks different because it's attached to a yoke at the pinion instead of a flange. The u-bolts around the caps hold the u-joint into the yoke.

Agree, 1350 u-joint. It only looks different because it's attached to a yoke at the pinion instead of a flange. The u-bolts around the caps hold the u-joint into the yoke.
I'm a newb with U joints. now I just need to stop being lazy and go swap them.

after getting the first ujoint out I came to realize that the problem seems to be the centering joint in the DC. The seal and spring seem to be completely missing and the bearings were very dry. lots of play in it so a new one is one the way and the source of my flung grease has been found!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom