Can anyone recommend someone to put in upper ball joints? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to have my 555s installed, but can't find anyone to do it. Can someone recommend someone in the Reno/Sparks area that can remove the old ball joints and put the new ones in?

Thanks!

Does Toyota still work on 100s? Might be an option. The only other person besides me that touches my 40 is Georg Esterer at Valley Hybrids (Stockton). There's no one better in our region imo.

Yeah I was trying to think of a shop locally when James contacted me but couldn't come up with any 4x4 shops that may want to undertake the job.

Both upper and lower ball joints are pressed into the arms. Upper are apparently is the PITA from what I have read and really needs to be removed from the truck plus is made easiest with a 10+ton press.

Yeah I was trying to think of a shop locally when James contacted me but couldn't come up with any 4x4 shops that may want to undertake the job. Both upper and lower ball joints are pressed into the arms. Upper are apparently is the PITA from what I have read and really needs to be removed from the truck plus is made easiest with a 10+ton press.

Then I will double down on my recommendation to make the trip to Georg. No one will do a better job on a Land Cruiser and his rates if fair and you are supporting a TLCA member's business.

Does Toyota still work on 100s? Might be an option. The only other person besides me that touches my 40 is Georg Esterer at Valley Hybrids (Stockton). There's no one better in our region imo.
Not crazy about the service work I have had done at the stealership.

Then I will double down on my recommendation to make the trip to Georg. No one will do a better job on a Land Cruiser and his rates if fair and you are supporting a TLCA member's business.
Slee is actually the go to guy for the 100 series. Slee Offroad | Toyota Off-Road Outfitters check the 100 series forum here on Mud.

Since I don't have the time or money to haul my DD out of town for service I would go to Sunshine auto here in Reno for any suspension work. Sparks and Reno Auto Repair - Sunshine Service Brake & Alignment
They did a stellar job on the R&P on my 100 series. I too need UCA bushings and ball joints on my 100, they will get the work.

Slee is actually the go to guy for the 100 series. Slee Offroad | Toyota Off-Road Outfitters check the 100 series forum here on Mud.

Since I don't have the time or money to haul my DD out of town for service I would go to Sunshine auto here in Reno for any suspension work. Sparks and Reno Auto Repair - Sunshine Service Brake & Alignment
They did a stellar job on the R&P on my 100 series. I too need UCA bushings and ball joints on my 100, they will get the work.

Good to know... When my upper ball joints end up going I plan to just replace with new UCAs all together.

I can't say I have had very good experiences with the local dealership. They are also very expensive from my experience. Hopefully I can get into Sunshine today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom