Can anyone recommend good quality Aftermarket Spider and Side gears for 1973 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace an EZ Locker that was installed in my 1973 FJ40. Should I replace with OEM or is there a good quality aftermarket setup of Spider gears, shaft and side gears?

Or you could look at them
Or wait for someone to say something like "course diffs ended in '68" or something like that.
I'll ask the question on the forum and see what kind of response I get. I have 4:11 gears if that makes any difference

Okay, this is what I found out. I need fine spline for the axles and course spline for the pinion gears. Toyota went to fine spline axles in 68 and moved to fine spline pinion in 78. Ee
The ones in the circle should be the correct ones.

Inked20220312_094806_LI.jpg

Yup. I'll get these packed up and get them to the Post Office tomorrow

Believe by 69 they were fine spline. This was when Toyota was making changes all the time. I know the there are a few fine spline ball and claw axles out there but never heard of a coarse spline Birfield axle. To my knowledge only Lock-Right was made for coarse spline in this style locker. Torsen was as well but would need a whole carrier for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom