Can anyone identify this part manufacturer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My de-smogged fj60s eliminator pulley/bracket is totally destroyed. I would like to replace using the same style but don't know where to locate one? I know there are many other options out there, but I would like to stick with this style if possible. Anyone know who made/makes this part?? Or any suggestions?

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

That's the old SOR style. The original. They don't sell that design anymore. Newer one is better - so they say - Unless the housing has been damaged, it uses two standardized bearings you can buy at any bearing house. They need to be pressed in with a press. The side of the bearing (both of them) that faces inwards needs to have its sheild removed (popped off) so the grease you apply from the zerk above will flow into the bearing. If kept lubticated (a squeeze or two of grease at every oil change) it will last for an extremely long time.

The 'fault' in it's design is that the belt tension puts sideways twisting force on the bearing, not allowing the bearing to roll flat. That's why there are two bearings. Newer designs allow the forces on the bearing sides to be even. Much less wear n tear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom