Can anybody install a body lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1" body lift for my 96 4Runner, never done this before so I don't mind paying somebody but would like to be part of the install process. Just 6 pucks and a steering extension.
Thanks
Jason

Just thinking aloud here, but do not forget about the radiator shroud maybe. And possibly your linkages.

And probably more that i am not thinking about right now.

Go on Toyota tech forums. I was going to do a 1" body lift on mine and a couple of guys there did it and there is a good wiki write up on it somewhere there. I dont recall them needing to modify anything with just a 1" lift.

I usually put 3 inch ones on at the shop i worked at so i was not too sure.

Put a 1 inch one on the 45 but that was / is a different animal.

Thanks everybody, a 1" BL won't affect anything. It only has 3 pucks per side and a steering extension, I've read many writeups and feel I could do it but I don't have the place to do it at my house. I'll sign up for the HAMOM, thanks Greg. My KMA bumper will be coming in a few weeks so I want to get this done before it shows up.
Thanks guys
Jason

Yea, maybe we can get a HAMOM body lift day soon.

You can do it.

They are really easy to do.

Just do 1 side at a time. Loosen all bolts a bit then do 1 side at a time. Do not tighten down all the way till it is all lined up again.

Jason, X2 on everything said here. Ive helped put on on a tacoma and got one here on the shelf as well but no instructions. They arent that hard and like said have a couple friends over for pizza and beverages and knock it out. For teh one inch you should be right in not having to alter any other pieces. Loosen all bolts and go easy one side at a time. IIRC we put a piece of lumber under one side to raise it evenly.

Thanks everybody, I'm new to the area so the only offroad people I know are basically here, TTORA and Yotatech. I'm going to attempt this myself, seems easy enough and I've read a bunch of articles and writeups.
Thanks

I can see you wanting to do it yourself, when you get ready to do it just post up, or if you need a third hand or something just let us know.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to put my new front brakes on Saturday and if I feel up to it start on this. I've already hit the bolts with PB Blaster and they look in really good shape so I hope it goes easy.

I've been told to use a 4x4 and a floor jack to lift the body up one side at a time, loosen one side and remove the other side bolts. I have a custom fitted 2nd 4Runner rollbar that I'll take out tonight to help ease the install.

Thanks everybody
Jason

Well my KMA multicarrier is ready to pick up so I really need to get this body lift on now. Anybody here do any welding??? I'll need to have the frame mounts welded to the bumper once it's lined up.
Thanks
Jason

I've got a welder down here in Nam.

And that is the best way i have found to do the body lift. Remember not to tighten any bolts fully back down until you have it all lined back up again on the frame.

i got one in Fuquay

Where's Nam? I appreciate it everybody, I'm picking it up today and hopefully will get started on the body lift tomorrow if I can get the wifey to carpool with me. Wish I would've kept the Accord wagon now! A third car is nice to have around.

Where's Nam? I appreciate it everybody, I'm picking it up today and hopefully will get started on the body lift tomorrow if I can get the wifey to carpool with me. Wish I would've kept the Accord wagon now! A third car is nice to have around.
fayette.....nam....... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom