can another transfer case bolt up to a 1973's case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Was surfing the board and had a thought about dual transfer cases and tried a search to see if anyone ever was able to bolt up to 3 speed cas together or if there was a transfer case that could be bolted up (or with an adapter) to a stock 1973 3 speed tranny and 3 speed case. Nothing really came up. Of course this would probably only work on a rig that has flipped 60 springs in back or moved the frame spring mounts back to accomidate a driveline that isn't at 90*s.Is there any option out there? 1973 transfer cases are cheap or is there another option that isn't in the orion price range?

Was surfing the board and had a thought about dual transfer cases and tried a search to see if anyone ever was able to bolt up to 3 speed cas together or if there was a transfer case that could be bolted up (or with an adapter) to a stock 1973 3 speed tranny and 3 speed case. Nothing really came up. Of course this would probably only work on a rig that has flipped 60 springs in back or moved the frame spring mounts back to accomidate a driveline that isn't at 90*s.Is there any option out there? 1973 transfer cases are cheap or is there another option that isn't in the orion price range?

Have you looked at your current Land Cruiser transfer case?

There is no way to stack them...

:wrench:

NP-203s and 205 are cheap. They can be doubled. You were thinking of a chevy 4.3, right? A 4.3 SM420/465 and a doubled case wouldn't be out of line. Forget about it if you want an auto. Too long. Plus there's the rear axle offset to worry about. Of course if it wasn't you that was talking 4.3, pay no attenion to anything I just said.:p

Thanks for the comments. I didn't know if anything would work with a stock cruiser case (to double). Now I know. Orion is my future . . . way future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom