Can a bj60 w/ a 4 speed manual take a H55 3B-T 1984 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The title says a lot looking for what sort of work scope it would be to put h55 in bj60 w 4 speed. Diesel 3b t.

1) Is this possible
2)What are the special "yea but you gotta..." type comments
3) what could be the max speed
4) where to find h55 tranny
5) special parts needed
6) skill level required 1-10 ...10 being expert 1 being where's my blinker fluid.
7) what else should be replaced while I'm doing this job?

I appreciate the help.
Thanks

Its easy! well.... like a 6/10. There was a change in bell housings in 1984/85 that make the tranny clocked if you don't have the right bellhousing. I just take off the tranny hump and stick an engine hoist through the passenger door opening. Chain to the top of the tranny via two points. I did mine at age 25 in two days and lots of beer.

A new clutch and throw out bearing would be nice to change while your in there.

I have bj60 3b-t with a h55f / 4.10's and 35" tires. I can do 100kms/hour at 2100 rpm. I can do 140k @ 2600 rpm but i don't like running the diesel that hard.

The title says a lot looking for what sort of work scope it would be to put h55 in bj60 w 4 speed. Diesel 3b t.

1) Is this possible
2)What are the special "yea but you gotta..." type comments
3) what could be the max speed
4) where to find h55 tranny
5) special parts needed
6) skill level required 1-10 ...10 being expert 1 being where's my blinker fluid.
7) what else should be replaced while I'm doing this job?

I appreciate the help.
Thanks

hey im in dallas texas, i got stuck with a 5speed tranny from a bj60. i didnt do enough research on it and now im stuck with it as the input shaft is too short for my fj60. I have it with the t-case still attached, and the bellhousing. if your still looking for one im your guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom