Can-0-Worms (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used the remote start again and it gave out on me. Luckily I have my terminal jumpers I made and I can just unplug it, hook them up and I'm 100% good to go 3 minutes later. Still anoying as my wife wouldn't know what to do.

I called them tonight and they have one other solution to try (why they didn't try it the first time). I guess they are thinking that the stock wiring or way they wired it can't support the voltage out...so they are going to run a new heavier gauge cable back and run the power straight from the battery (we will see how this works)..If I knew I would have had this much troulbe I would have stuck with the simple remote door lock option and called it good. Ohh well....we will see more tomorrow. Just annoying that my wife has to drive 75 miles round trip for something they should have done right the first time. I hope she gives them hell.

....Just annoying that my wife has to drive 75 miles round trip for something they should have done right the first time. I hope she gives them hell.

LOL, Im the level headed person in the fam, my wife would rip them a new one.

All the same hope it works, let us know.

LOL, Im the level headed person in the fam, my wife would rip them a new one.

All the same hope it works, let us know.

Yeah I guess she was pretty nice on Monday but used the crying thing becuase they were going to make her wait 5 hours before even starting on it. Took them 5 hours anyway. So we will see what she pulls on them today. Good thing she doesn't have a job becuase you can bet your ARSE I wouldn't be spending 2 weekends in a row at this place. Hope he is right and this solution works.

When I install my alarms I always used 30amp external relays . I dont trust the board mounted relays in the alarm box . Everything inside that box I use as just a trigger source for the relays .
I also used to wire them in odd spots , it was never under the drivers side dash .

99% of an alarm working all the time and lasting the life of the car is the install .

After seeing the local best alarm shop fix the horrid stuff installed at the big box stores (they have a pixs of the nightmares hanging in the store ) I would never let them get near my stuff .
I love when I buy things at the big box store and they tell me about their free install . I tell them "Ive seen their free installs and me strapping it to the roof with duct tape is a better install and will last longer too ":doh:

I had my alarm go schizo on me one night downtown. It sucks. Alarms suck anyway. Do they really deter anybody? Of course not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom