Builds CAMPTEQ's 80 Series Pop top Prototype (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sub'd

93BED141-F0D5-4B2A-804E-E2C59820CADB.jpeg
Pop top action is happening again.

I will eventually have a used one for sale and thought I would make a few more if people are interested.

Did this ever sell? Interested in this if still available. I sent you a PM awhile back. You’re inbox is full. Great product. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I went and bought an alucab two years ago after months of searching for an alucab. I would love to cut down on the weight and go this route. My wife would probably murder me however. :frown:

The one reason I wouldn't switch is if I couldn't carry over my alucab shadow awning. I love it more than probably any upgrade to my truck. It would need brackets to bolt into the tent. Is it possible? Also wondering if a roof rack is possible with the campteq? I need to carry a bunch of surfboard around ocasionally

The Campteq is a rack in itself. Add some aircraft tie down track to the top.
Are there crossbars that work with airline track? My Alucab has similar rails but it takes carriage bolts.

So is this real? are campteqs an option again? Anyone know the pricing and lead-time?

Last edited:
@DanMedeiros: Eric announced a new production run on this thread several weeks ago; he took several orders that are now being built. I suggest contacting him directly about if and when he'd take additional orders.

@DanMedeiros: Eric announced a new production run on this thread several weeks ago; he took several orders that are now being built. I suggest contacting him directly about if and when he'd take additional orders.
Tried but his mailbox is full. Anybody want to buy an Alucab

I would be very interested in putting money down to get one myself too. @Thecriscokid what would I need to do for ordering one since you can't be mailed. I would rather have one of these on my cruiser too instead of getting a AT Habitat on my Tacoma.

I would be very interested in putting money down to get one myself too. @Thecriscokid what would I need to do for ordering one since you can't be mailed. I would rather have one of these on my cruiser too instead of getting a AT Habitat on my Tacoma.
hit him up via email he will get back to you fall round of tents are in the wors Im told.

@RFB is his email listed somewhere? I’ll dig throgh these posts and contact him for sure!
campteq@gmail.com hes got a list he will answer eventually slow process I would guess. he has a list. and hes banging them out

The one reason I wouldn't switch is if I couldn't carry over my alucab shadow awning. I love it more than probably any upgrade to my truck. It would need brackets to bolt into the tent. Is it possible? Also wondering if a roof rack is possible with the campteq? I need to carry a bunch of surfboard around ocasionally

Hey, Dan. I have a Shadow Awning as well and Eric has said that he can accommodate it. This was his response to me when I'd asked...

"The mounts that I have made in the past were welded brackets to adapt the Campteq body angle to a 90deg. For this application the bracket would be a permanent cheese wedge (nothing is really permanent with aluminum) that the alu cab will bolt to. It looks like they use pretty hefty hardware and less of it. I see only 2 mounts. You would be able to still reach the top mounting hardware and remove the entire top/ awning set up in 15min."

Hope this helps.

Does someone mind telling if its possible to mount these to the top without cutting the roof and accessing from the inside (with the pop up being the same size)? Id like to retain my rear seats and keep my camp kitchen/storage box in back. Ideally I would like to be able attach a ladder to the side or back of the campteq when in use. Just confused about this. Thank in advance. I emailed campteq but figured I might get a reply here faster.

You don't need to cut your roof. Most with the Campteq have cut, but at least 1 person @LandCruiserPhil has not cut his roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom