Campteq PopTops In Stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thecriscokid

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey Gang,
I Just wanted to spread the word that Campteq is back in full swing and growing. Earlier this year I quit my day job and launched Campteq.co . Since then I’ve been plugging away with some more tops as well as interior build outs. There are a few new products in the works and I am hoping to continue to have tops in stock from time to time. I do currently have an extra 80 Top in final assembly stage. This top is set to be powder coated black and to have clamps for a non cut user. Powder coating to match in white is also an option.
All the tops, 60, 77/76, 80, and 100, can be used without any modifications (besides the removal of the factory roof rack) and the same top can be used for a full stand up conversion

Here is a conversion mount from late this winter.

4CC9C217-F087-4206-99CC-ACCA5D12D40E.jpeg

3C83D7F5-53E5-489C-8CB0-05544768E034.jpeg

Nearly a decade ago with the 1st prototype on its 1st trip.

D5345CAE-A407-465A-B856-5897F26D64C4.jpeg

Nearly a decade later It was time to revisit both this great camp spot as well as time to revisit Campteq as a business and not just my hobby
07340EB4-CAEB-4663-8D37-AE0C5027C0CD.jpeg

Thanks to all those who supported me over the hobby years as well as those who hounded me for tops!

Congrats dude! It's nice to hear you're pursuing your passion. Where are you based out of these days? Since your 1st prototype, awnings have become popular so have you made any considerations to a mounting solution on the side of your unit?

Congrats dude! It's nice to hear you're pursuing your passion. Where are you based out of these days? Since your 1st prototype, awnings have become popular so have you made any considerations to a mounting solution on the side of your unit?
Hey thanks. Definitely, awnings have not only grown in popularity but also in size. I have had some free standing hanabal awnings mounted for 8+ years with good feedback. These big 270 degree awnings are getting some internal reinforcements to counter act the cantilever forces. I am building a set up with for a customer now.
I have also been working on a removable awning that slides into the Keder rails mounted on the lower of my top.

Subscribed :popcorn:

Hey Gang,
I Just wanted to spread the word that Campteq is back in full swing and growing. Earlier this year I quit my day job and launched Campteq.co . Since then I’ve been plugging away with some more tops as well as interior build outs. There are a few new products in the works and I am hoping to continue to have tops in stock from time to time. I do currently have an extra 80 Top in final assembly stage. This top is set to be powder coated black and to have clamps for a non cut user. Powder coating to match in white is also an option.
All the tops, 60, 77/76, 80, and 100, can be used without any modifications (besides the removal of the factory roof rack) and the same top can be used for a full stand up conversion

View attachment 2672616

View attachment 2672621

View attachment 2672620

Nearly a decade later It was time to revisit both this great camp spot as well as time to revisit Campteq as a business and not just my hobby
View attachment 2672625

Thanks to all those who supported me over the hobby years as well as those who hounded me for tops!

Hey Gang,

View attachment 2672616

View attachment 2672621

View attachment 2672620

View attachment 2672625

awesome to see and hear! whats the price on the 80 you almost have ready to go?

do these support a roof rack, curious to know load weight (when popped) there's some questionable places I surf and whatever isn't tied down at night, sometimes isn't there when you wake up. would this support 100 pounds or so? I current run an older overcamp that hangs off the side (allowing me to keep my boards on the ARB rack) which also doubles as a mini deck for a chair & cooler when not running boards)

last question - is it only rear entrance? next in line was a 270 awning, but that would mean opening/closing awning to get in and out of the tent?

with a new little one on board, I need to make camp setups and breakdowns as easy/fast as possible. love my tent, but may better 2/3rds may not have the patience at times.

do these support a roof rack, curious to know load weight (when popped) there's some questionable places I surf and whatever isn't tied down at night, sometimes isn't there when you wake up. would this support 100 pounds or so? I current run an older overcamp that hangs off the side (allowing me to keep my boards on the ARB rack) which also doubles as a mini deck for a chair & cooler when not running boards)

last question - is it only rear entrance? next in line was a 270 awning, but that would mean opening/closing awning to get in and out of the tent?

with a new little one on board, I need to make camp setups and breakdowns as easy/fast as possible. love my tent, but may better 2/3rds may not have the patience at times.

Regarding load weight, I've had no trouble carrying sizable loads on long, rough, remote routes. When popped, and even when popped in high winds (as was the case below), the struts feel like they could handle significantly more than the (big heavy) boat. Stout.

6176646288_IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_8638.jpg

Ready to go Clamp and Camp is 8k

for boards I do not use an additional rack though it possible and has been done. I use some foam cross bar pads under my boards and strap them to the L-track.
The top I have immediately is a rear entrance. The 180 awning is very usable with the tailgate open giving some shade.
436B0B9B-469A-4E2C-9E28-7881917034A5.jpeg
306391E0-C923-446C-8580-A7A95F701A8F.jpeg

Hey thanks. Definitely, awnings have not only grown in popularity but also in size. I have had some free standing hanabal awnings mounted for 8+ years with good feedback. These big 270 degree awnings are getting some internal reinforcements to counter act the cantilever forces. I am building a set up with for a customer now.
I have also been working on a removable awning that slides into the Keder rails mounted on the lower of my top.
I'm looking into putting a 270 awning own our "Clamp" Campteq. What kind of reinforcement should I be considering?

nice to see you getting back into this crisco, i remembeer the original, wow a decade already !!

i might be interested in doing something for the troopy, if your game.

Last edited:
nice to see you getting back into this crisco, i remembeer the original, wow a decade already !!

i might be interested in doing something for the troopy, if your game.
He’s got a Troopy version of I remember correctly. I wanna go this route at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom